Diverging on Diversity
- Diversity key for Comcast. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/20/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 54, p1
The article reports that the proposed business partnership of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. has lined up support from minority groups to address the issue on workforce diversity.
- THE SHOT CALLER. COLE, HARRIETE // Ebony;Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p62
This article presents an interview with Paula Madison, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer for the media company NBC Universal. Madison describes the duties of her job and how long she has been working in the diversity field and how she began her career. She also discusses her...
- Big League Chew. Santo, Brian // CED;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
In this article the author reflects on the impact of the mergers of cable companies to the industry citing the deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast's do-good push. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/12/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Comcast will further boost local programming and will undertake a 15-million-per-year public service campaign on digital literacy and childhood nutrition as part of its proposed combination with NBC Universal.
- Orgs assail Comcast deal. HARRIS, PAUL // Daily Variety;8/20/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the opposition of a host of industry organizations, consumer, and media watchdog groups to a merger deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in 2010.
- Comcast wins government approval to take over NBC. // Chicago Weekend;1/26/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. government for Comcast Corp., the largest cable company in the U.S., to buy 51% of NBC Universal Inc.
- NBCU Deal Terms Comcastically Real, Two Years Later. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p32
The article discusses the deal between media firm NBCUniversal Inc. and Comcast Corp. approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on January 18, 2011 and term were agreed by Comcast as per which Comast has to make its content available to online video distributors (OVDs).
- NBCU Deal Looks Good to FCC DOJ. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
The article explores the confidential report to U.S. Congress on the proposed deal by Comcast Corp. to gain control over NBC Universal Inc.
- Feds mull marriage. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/13/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 49, p20
The article offers updates on the proposed merger between cable operator and home Internet and telephone service provider Comcast Corp. and media and entertainment company NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S.