- Metro Ethernet over GPON enhances business services. Doricko, Eric // Lightwave;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the nature of metro ethernet and gigabit-capable passive optical network (GPON). It states that the combination of GPON and services based on Metro Ethernet Forum specifications can improve carrier's business models significantly. According to the author, combining GPON...
- China, Russia dominate GPON spending. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Aug2012, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the dominance of China and Russia in the gigabit passive optical network (GPON) spending among the Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) countries in 2011 as depicted in the GPON report of Infonetics Research Inc.
- On the Lightwave Blog. // Lightwave;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p31
A blog concerning Ethernet passive optical network (EPON) and gigabit passive optical network (GPON) is discussed.
- Beltelecom to connect 100,000 Minsk apartments to GPON by 2015. // Russian Telecom;Oct2014, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Belarus national telecommunications company Beltelecom will be able to connect apartments in Minsk through Gigabit capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON) by 2015.
- ZTE notes shipment of 1.8m PON OLTs during 2011, claims 40.9% market share. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the number of passive optical network optical line terminals (PON OLTs) shipped by ZTE in 2011.
- Broadcom launches latest GPON home gateway SoC for FTTH deployments in China. // China Telecom;Jan2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that wired and wireless semiconductor company Broadcom has announced the introduction of a highly integrated gigabit passive optical network (GPON) home gateway unit (HNU) to support the transition to fiber to the home (FTTH) and higher bandwidth services in China.
- ZTE notes shipment of 1.8m PON OLTs during 2011, claims 40.9% market share. // Fiber Optics & Communications;Apr2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p15
The article reports that Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE shipped 1.8 million passive optical network optical line terminals globally in 2011.
- letter to the editor. Jackson, John // Lightwave;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "What to do When PON's Bandwidth Isn't Enough," by Irit Gillath that was published in the January 2008 issue.
- Beltelecom deploys GPON in Rogachev. // Russian Telecom;Aug2015, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
The article mentions the announcement made by broadband operator Beltelecom regarding its deployment of large-scale Gigabit-capable Passive Optical Networks (GPON) program in Rogachev city, Belarus .