Growth Will Have a Latin Flavor
- The Mercado Report: The Latino market power. Caspa, Humberto // La Prensa San Diego;4/24/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p7
The article discusses the Latino market power. It refers to radio stations and television networks now offering a wide range of Spanish-language programs. It is informed that there are competitors in the market, including cable companies with heavy Spanish and English programming packages....
- Operators' Hispanic Strategies. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 35, pA8
The article discusses the strategies employed by the top five multichannel video program distributors in the U.S. in targeting the Hispanic viewers. Among the operators included are Comcast, DirecTV and Dish Network. Topics covered include the operators' Hispanic video-on-demand (VOD), high...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- ESPN: Still the Worldwide Leader. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p31
The article reports that television programmer ESPN still continues to the leader in sports television industry in the U.S. despite the departure of high-profile talent and a net loss of subscribers in the cable television marketplace in the U.S. as of 2015.