AdKeeper's Scott Kurnit: Cable Schooled Me on What to Do, and Avoid
- ADKEEPER'S REVOLUTION THAT WASN'T. Kantrowitz, Alex // Advertising Age;2/17/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p18
The article narrates how online advertising company Keep learned lessons from the flawed business plan of its predecessor AdKeeper to reinvent itself. According to the author, AdKeeper was established by serial entrepreneur Scott Kurnit based on the idea that consumers would want to keep...
- Kurnit revisits the Web. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of Scott Kurnit, who played key roles at News Corp-MCI Internet Ventures and Prodigy Services Co., to launch the company called The Mining Co. that will be an advertising-sales consortium and a Web navigation service provider. Plan to offer part-time helpers shares in the...
- A simple new model for searching the Web. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;10/20/97, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p59
Presents information on Scott Kurnit, chief executive officer of the Mining Company. Information on Kurnit's involvement with the Internet; Comments from Kurnit; Comments from Anthea Disney, former guide editor-in-chief at the Mining Company.
- Scott Kurnit. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;9/18/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 37, p22
Profiles the President of MCI/Delphi joint venture online service, Scott Kurnit and his work history.
- Mining the Internet mother lode of ads. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p49
Reports on the efforts of Scott Kurnit's Mining Co. to put together a collection of introductory home pages connected to the related subject sites. Advertisers involved in the project; Offering of better proposition for Web producers; Details of the deal; Kurnit's requirements for participants.
- Kurnit unveils ambitious plans for Mining Company. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age;2/10/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on former Prodigy executive, Scott Kurnit's unveiling of his media startup company called Mining Company. Formal search for human guides to develop Web sites in various interest categories; Price range for advertising; Comments from Kurnit.
- MCI's Kurnit lives, works in cyberspace. Golaski, Lorien // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr95, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p30
Reports on Scott Kurnit's plans as president of Information Services Co. Information Services' utilization of the Internet computer network; Kurnit's views on the use of the Internet as a marketing medium.
- Scott Kurnit. MB // Broadcasting & Cable;8/1/94, Vol. 124 Issue 31, p61
Features Scott Kurnit, executive vice president for consumer products, marketing and development at Prodigy Services. Career in the television industry; Mission to change Prodigy's image; Prodigy's interactive television.
- Scott Kurnit. Donaton, Scott; Fawcett, Adrienne Ward // Advertising Age;7/4/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 28, pS-21
Describes the marketing strategy for the Prodigy videotex system developed by marketing executive Scott Kurnit. Redesign to make navigation simpler.