Kudos to PTC for Pointing Out Rise in '$#*!' on TV
- Playing TV catch-up. Segal, Mark // Philadelphia Gay News;7/25/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p11
The author asserts that the summer season is a good time to catch up with old television shows from the previous season.
- Gaul in thrall to 'Mentalist' Hopewell, John; Keslassy, Elsa // Daily Variety;1/4/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on the success of the film "The Mentalists" in France which appeared in the top 100 list of the most-watched television (TV) shows for 2010.
- WHAT WE'RE WATCHING. // Variety;7/23/2013, Vol. 320 Issue 15, p36
Quotations on television viewing and television programs are presented from television actors and actresses nominated for 2013 Emmy Awards including Kevin Spacey on tennis on television Kerry Washington on the program "Super Soul Sunday" and Christina Hendricks on the program "Orange Is the New...
- TV'S HO-HUM HOLIDAY. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;7/8/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the rate of television viewers and the most watched shows during primetime from June 28 to July 4, 2010 including "The Bachelorette," "Downfall," and "Big Brother."
- TV just not same with flu. Younts, Clint // Free Press (Buda, TX);10/7/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 27, p4A
In this article the author discusses the uninteresting themes of television (TV) programs.
- Fall means new television lineups. POTTS, TRICIA // East Bernard Express (TX);9/26/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 39, p5
The author discusses her television (TV) viewing habits in which she does not do a lot of channel surfing, making her unfamiliar with the TV shows that won in 2013 Emmys.
- TELEVISION. SHANLEY, J. P. // America;7/27/1957, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p451
The article focuses on the positive and negative influences of television on children. It notes the cheapness and the blatant commercialism imposed on children's minds by television programs. It cites a survey of children ranging from 8 to 14 years which illustrate the good effects of...
- ATSC bit stream verification. Bachofen, Ralph; Chernock, Rich // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p66
The article focuses on the creation of A/78, a recommended practice, by Automated Terminal Service Communication (ATSC) in the U.S. The practice is designed to deal with transmission problems in television broadcasting. It will classify errors based on severity, ranging from unwatchable to...
- It's 'Smart' to Focus on User Experience. VIEGUT, TODD // Multichannel News;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p31
The article comments on the need for hardware makers, service providers and technology developers to work together in the television broadcasting industry to focus on user experience (UE). It identifies UE as the driving factor for the television (TV) content consumption and the development of...