Genachowski Defends Broadband Stance
- Broad appeal? Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;5/7/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the proposed legal framework on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) actions concerning broadband service which authorizes FCC to be back with its other broadband agenda. FCC chairman Julius Genachowski points out that the proposal is intended to guard...
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama nominates Genachowski to head FCC. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article announces that U.S. President Barack Obama nominated Julius Genachowski as the new permanent chairman of the FCC.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- At the center of the storm. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Julius Genachowski, Chief Counsel to US Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt. Personal history; Career background; Accomplishments; Educational background; Philosophy.
- Moving Toward Next-Gen 911. // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article describes a five-point plan proposed by Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which aims to move the nation toward next-generation 911 (NG911).
- FCC chief pessimistic about spectrum votes in Congress. Jerome, Sara // Hill;1/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is in doubt about approval of Congress the spectrum auctions to open up additional communications airspace in the U.S.
- Genachowski warns fee 'cramming'on cell phone bills will be punished. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;6/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 89, p18
The article reports that new rules have been planned to be proposed by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski that would prevent mobile carriers to hit customers with "mystery fees" on their monthly bills.
- FCC Proposes More Bureau-Level Authority. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the proposal of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski to allow lower-level bureaus in the U.S. to deny challenges to decisions of the full commission.