Cisco Cable Sales Get Hammered
- Cisco Cable Sales Pop. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;5/14/2012, Issue 20, p3
The article reports that the Service Provider Video cable television offering of Cisco Systems Inc. has generated revenue of $1 billion for three months ending April 28, 2012.
- Cable Grinding Out Upfront Gains. J. L. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 26, p22
The article focuses on the marketing and sales performance of cable television industries in the U.S.
- Cisco helps CATV make headway. Cholewka, Kathleen // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p34
Reports that Cisco Systems has extended its reach to Sony Corp. and Com21 in their efforts to test and develop interoperable cable television systems. Primary objective in the move; Support pledged for data over cable service interface specifications; Implications for consumers and the...
- Hopping the gap. Dawson, Fred // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p86
Reports that fixed wireless communication systems may be the low-cost way for cable television providers to reach the business market. Extension of the reach of cable broadband data infrastructure; Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification; Cisco Systems Inc.'s products to meet the...
- Real-time services make their debut. Dunavant, Chad // CED;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses how cable operators in the U.S. can take advantage of network convergence by launching real-time services. According to Cisco Systems, consumers' bandwidth usage will increase to 15 terabits per month over the next several years. To create opportunities in the real-time...
- SCTE and Cisco kick off data networking seminars in July. // CED;Jul99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the partnership of The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers with Cisco Systems to deliver data networking education to the cable industry in the United States. Program that will help cable operators educate their technicians; Introduction to data networking over hybrid...
- Cisco CMTs Offers 'Unlimited' Scalability. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p102
Reports on Cisco Systems Inc.'s introduction of the 'uBR10012 Universal Broadband Router,' a 'carrier-class' cable-modem termination system designed to aggregate voice and data traffic on the edge of cable networks. Basis on the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 1.1. standard;...
- Midco Deploys Cisco's cBR-8 CCAP. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;7/17/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p12
The article reports on a contract signed by technology company Cisco Systems Inc. and cable television company Midcontinent Communications, which aims to deploy the Cisco cBR-8 converged cable access platform (CCAP) in the Midcontinent 's cable broadband network.
- ADB scores industry 1st. // CED;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the demonstration of the Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) on the functionality of the Cisco Systems Inc. and Motorola Inc. headends and cablecards at the CableLabs introp event . It mentions that ADB use the Cisco headend and CableCard to display Time Warner Cable's...