FOR THE RECORD
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p54
The article offers several news briefs regarding media networks in the United States. Fox Business Network will launch its web site at FxoBusiness.com on October 1, 2007. BigBand Network is expecting to have a revenue of $35 million, and declares an operating loss for September 30, 2007. The...
- How to Reel In VOD Viewers. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses the tactics used by cable operators in the U.S. to increase the pay portion of the video-on-demand (VOD) business such as sending fight fans on a free trip before a big bout and offering the first 10 minutes of a VOD movie.
- CABLE DOMINATES VOD STREAMS. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;9/25/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the domination of cable companies in video-on-demand (VOD) movie rental market.
- VOD Ads Growing, But Barriers Remain. Guthrie, Marisa // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p21
The article focuses on issues concerning obstacles which hinder the development of video on-demand (VOD) advertising, including on-demand space and balance on advertising load despite its growth in the cable television industry.
- 2013: The Year Ahead in VOD. Shaver, Jon // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
The author discusses the importance of innovations in management, distribution and capitalization of video-on-demand for the success of cable television industry.
- HI-DEF On-Demand. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on the boom of high-definition video on demand (VOD) in the U.S. in 2007. Senior vice-president of marketing & business development Marc Tayer at Imagine Communications said that there was a great demand of high-definition content in the country. He added that consumers...
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- Camiant, SeaChange integrate platforms. // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p12
The article reports on the integration of Camiant's Universal Edge Resource Manager (UERM) and SeaChange International's Axiom On Demand open content delivery system. It states that the move will provide cable operators the ability to manage their QAM resources for standard-definition (SD) and...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...