Carriage Talks Stall For CSN in Philly
- DEALS RIDE TV CARRIAGE. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/3/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the conflict on retransmission contract between Dish Network Corp. and Comcast for E! and Style Network in extending the retransmission.
- Comcast, DISH spar over sports channel. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 92, p15
The article reports on the plan of satellite television provider DISH Network Corp. to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) following negotiations with Comcast Corp. to carry the SportsNet Philadelphia channel in Pennsylvania.
- Targeting the Hispanic Home. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, pA6
The article provides an overview on several cable, satellite and telecommunication providers in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., DirecTV Inc, and Dish Network Corp. It offers information on the providers' basic subscribers, contacts, and Hispanic packages. It also presents the future plans of...
- MSOs Revamp VOD Strategies. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p40
Reports on the changes in video-on-demand (VOD) offerings being done by cable system operators in the U.S. to strengthen their competitive position. Information on the VOD strategy of Comcast Corp.; Plans of Dish Network and DirecTV Inc. to integrate VOD with their direct broadcast satellite...
- Comcast: Our HD Looks Best. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p12
The article reports on the launching of a series of advertising campaigns by Comcast Corp. which depicts the result of a poll that indicates that the company delivers a better high definition (HD) image than DirecTV Inc. or Dish Network in the U.S. The campaigns also criticize the claim of...
- Dish Scraps With ESPN on Carriage. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;8/10/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the 1 million U.S. dollars asked by Dish Network Corp. from ESPN for the former's failure to extend same carriage terms provided to Comcast and DirectTV. It notes that Dish cited deals strucked by ESPN with Comcast Corp. and DirectTV. for ESPN Classic and ESPNU to which...
- OPERATORS EN ESPAÃ‘OL. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/21/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 35, p10A
The article evaluates several Hispanic television packages including CableLatino from Comcast Corp., Ã“ptimo MÃ¡s from DirecTV Inc., and DishMÃ©xico from Dish Network Corp.
- CHAPTER 16: DIGITAL VIDEO RECORDING. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2006, Issue 8, p114
Chapter 16 of the book "The 2006 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. According to a report released by Nielsen Media Research, digital video recording technology is available in 8 to 12 percent of U.S. television households. Projections on the penetration...
- REPORT: CABLE SUPPLANTS OFFERINGS WITH WEB VIDEO. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;11/30/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 48, p14
The article reports that online content are now being offered by cable and satellite companies in the U.S. According to a new report from ABI Research, these companies provide online video or over-the-top video because of competition against Internet-based, advertisement-supported video web...