- gigÂ·aÂ·byte. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p150
A definition of the term "gigabyte" is presented. It refers a unit of computer memory or data storage capacity equal to 1,024 megabytes.
- Dependent LU. // Network Dictionary;2007, p143
A definition of the term "Dependent LU" is presented. This term refers a logic unit which depends on the Systems Security Certified Practitioner to provide services for establishing sessions with other logic units. This term is being used in the IBM Systems Network Architecture Advanced...
- Flash storage caching boosts application performance, requires balance. Evans, Chris // Storage Magazine;2016, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the benefits of caching flash storage, and how storage caching serves as a trade-off between enhancing overall input/output (I/O) performance and the cost of storing data on expensive media.
- Conditional local self-regulation rules and a diagnostic algorithm for a multiprocessor system with circulant diagnostic structure based on these rules. Dimitriev, Yu. // Automation & Remote Control;May2012, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p862
We consider local testing on the system level for multiprocessor (modular) computational systems (CS) with multiple faults. CS has a circulant diagnostic structure. Outcomes of the tests performed by faulty units correspond to a well-known model of Preparata, Metze, and Chien. The testing...
- Convert your data to a different unit of measurement (2000/2002/ 2003/2007/2010/2013). Hiltz, Kara // Inside Microsoft Excel;2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article offers tips for computer users on how to convert data on different unit of measurements using the Analysis ToolPak system.
- New machine vision solutions make gauging easy, affordable, accurate. Dawson, Ben // Control Solutions International;Nov2003, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p31
Discusses the differences among the various gauging methods for measuring distances, hole diameters and other dimensions on parts. Tools used in contact gauging; Level of precision offered by optical gauging; Accuracy of machine vision systems.
- Feedback. // New Scientist;4/29/2006, Vol. 190 Issue 2549, p80
This article presents several news items related to the field of science and technology. research paper, published in the "Journal of Physiology," says that visual information enables walkers to adjust their step while their foot is in mid-swing. A recent item in the journal "Countryside Focus"...
- A new computational fluid dynamics code I: Fyris Alpha. Sutherland, Ralph S. // Astrophysics & Space Science;Jun2010, Vol. 327 Issue 2, p173
A new hydrodynamics code aimed at astrophysical applications has been developed. The new code and algorithms are presented along with a comprehensive suite of test problems in one, two, and three dimensions. The new code is shown to be robust and accurate, equalling or improving upon a set of...
- Megabyte. // Essential Internet;2003, p130
A definition of the term "megabyte" is presented. It refers to a unit of data storage equivalent to about one million bytes. A megabyte is considered to be equivalent to 2 to the 20th power bytes, or 1,048,576. Some authorities claim that for purposes of date storage and transmission a megabyte...