Iger to Programmers: Keep D.C. In Mind
- The Iger sanction: Fix the pix, pronto. // Daily Variety;4/23/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the contributions of Robert Iger, chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co., to the entertainment industry such as the outsourcing of film ventures and the deals with DreamWorks, Pixar and Marvel.
- Happiest Q2 at Disney: film boosts profile 30%. Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/17/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 10, p83
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. has reported a 30% increase in its fiscal second quarter profit Wednesday, driven by a 65% jump in operating earnings at its film unit thanks to DVD hits like "The Incredibles" and the theatrical success of "The Pacifier." The strong results continued...
- Eisner makes clean break. Goldsmith, Jill; Cohen, David // Daily Variety;10/7/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p1
Reports personnel changes within Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Resignation of Michael Eisner as CEO; Selection of Robert Iger as successor of Eisner; Comparison of the compensation received previously by Eisner with the one offered to Iger.
- Iger sold his soul. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;3/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p43
Comments on the appointment of Bob Iger as chief executive officer of Walt Disney to replace Michael Eisner. Overview of the resignation of Eisner from the company; Criticisms on the professional background and leadership capabilities of Iger; Controversy involving the replacement of Eisner.
- Robert Iger. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Features Robert Iger, president and chief operating officer of Walt Disney Co. Replacement of Michael Eisner as CEO; Potential of Iger as a candidate for CEO; Revival of Disney from financial crisis.
- Walt Disney elects Iger as next chief. // Campaign (UK);3/18/2005, Issue 12, p6
The article informs that Robert Iger has been elected as Walt Disney Co.'s new chief executive, succeeding Michael Eisner, who has held the position for the past 21 years. Iger has worked as Disney's president and chief operating officer since 2000 and is due to step into the chief executive...
- Mouse House eyes Iger as top successor choice. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/22/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 56, p1
Reports that Walt Disney Co. chief operating officer Bob Iger is the only internal candidate being considered to replace Michael Eisner as chief executive officer. Plan to hire executive search firm to identify outside candidates; Time difference between Eisner's intended resignation and the...
- IGER FINALLY THE BIG CHEESE. McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Robert Iger has been tapped to succeed Michael Eisner as chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. as of October 1, 2005. Background information on Iger; Duties and responsibilities; Growth targets and strategies.
- ...MICHAEL MULLS MOVES. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;3/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 54, p1
Reports on the plans of Michael Eisner as he steps down from his post as chief executive of Walt Disney Co. on September 30, 2005. Reasons behind Eisner's resignation; Comments on Bob Iger as his replacement as chief executive; Growth targets and strategies for the firm.