Iger to Programmers: Keep D.C. In Mind
- The Iger sanction: Fix the pix, pronto. // Daily Variety;4/23/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the contributions of Robert Iger, chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co., to the entertainment industry such as the outsourcing of film ventures and the deals with DreamWorks, Pixar and Marvel.
- Iger and Ross: The Fallout. Masters, Kim // Hollywood Reporter;5/4/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the announcement of Walt Disney Co.'s chief executive officer Robert Iger's retirement plan in March 2012. It mentions that forcing company's chairman Rich Ross out would be a blunt admission of failure and would require Iger to find a more promising replacement. It...
- Iger sold his soul. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;3/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p43
Comments on the appointment of Bob Iger as chief executive officer of Walt Disney to replace Michael Eisner. Overview of the resignation of Eisner from the company; Criticisms on the professional background and leadership capabilities of Iger; Controversy involving the replacement of Eisner.
- Stuck in Eisner's Shadow. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the issue regarding the successor of Michael Eisner, chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Co. Meeting to be conducted by the company to discuss possible replacements for Eisner; Reason executives of Walt Disney do not consider President and CFO Robert Iger as a successor for Eisner.
- Robert Iger. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Features Robert Iger, president and chief operating officer of Walt Disney Co. Replacement of Michael Eisner as CEO; Potential of Iger as a candidate for CEO; Revival of Disney from financial crisis.
- Mouse find its big cheese? // Daily Variety;2/18/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 39, p1
The article focuses on the secret search for the replacement of Disney CEO Michael Eisner. Though directors have hired an executive search firm and all sorts of names have been dropped as possible candidates, none has been interviewed. Even the candidates are unaware of their prospects. The...
- IGER FINALLY THE BIG CHEESE. McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Robert Iger has been tapped to succeed Michael Eisner as chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. as of October 1, 2005. Background information on Iger; Duties and responsibilities; Growth targets and strategies.
- Iger gets a new 'junior partner' Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/24/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 62, p1
Reports on the partnership between Walt Disney Co.'s outgoing CEO Michael Eisner and Robert Iger in managing the company during the six month of transition in California. Responsibilities of Eisner in the transition period; Plans of incoming CEO Iger to pursue sequels to Disney/Pixar films;...
- Iger: Show me a Model. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p2
The article discusses the assessment of Robert Iger, CEO of Walt Disney Co. on the web subscription model proposal in the cable industry in the U.S. He says that the industry must find an online model that works sufficiently for programmers and distributors. He praised the industry, but warned...