Knology Adds Subs With Sunflower Deal
- Deal Prices Hold Fast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the move of publicly-traded Knology Inc. to acquire Lawrence, Kansas-based Sunflower Broadband in which the price of the cable deal is an indication that private cable valuations are holding steady.
- Knology Says Investments Are Paying Off. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p20
The article focuses on the financial performance of Knology Inc. in the first quarter of 2011. It says that the company has posted revenue of 128 million dollars, which showed 16% increase from the 110.1 million dollars in the same period in 2010. It states that the acquisition of Knology Inc....
- Swallowing up the competition. // CED;Sep2010, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
The article presents updates in the broadband communications industry. It offers information on recent corporate consolidations in the industry including Windstream Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Q-Comm, the merger between Qwest Communications International Inc. and CenturyLink Inc., and...
- LOCAL MSO STAYS AHEAD BY FOCUSING ON SERVICE. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the operations of Lawrence, Kansas-based independent cable operator Sunflower Broadband as of February 2005. Size of its subscriber base; Services provided by the company to its customers; Remarks of Sunflower general manager Patrick Knorr regarding the company.
- Reality Check: Advanced Ads: The Roots Deepen. Buchanan, Richard; Shaver, Jon // Communications Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on deepening of the roots of advanced advertising throughout the country. It discusses the local advertisers who use dynamic advertisements inserted into video on demand and linear channels. It reports that Sunflower Broadband has worked with local and national advertisers on...
- Speak into the mic. // CED;Dec2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p10
The article reports that Kansas-based Sunflower Broadband has teamed up with AgileTV Corp. to try out the company's voice-activated navigation system. Under a predeployment agreement, Sunflower will test AgileTV's technology on Motorola set-top models such as the DCT2500 and all-digital DCT-700,...
- Sunflower taps 'Ultraband' to serve tech center. // CED;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
Reports the deployment of the Ultraband platforms at the Information and Telecommunication Technology Center by Sunflower Broadband in Lawrence, Kansas. Offer of service to small and medium-sized business subscribers; Improvement of sales and marketing efforts; Delivery of quality at cable...
- How Phone Can Help Small Ops. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p45
Focuses on the use of telephone service by Sunflower Broadband and General Communications Inc. (GCI) in the U.S. in 2005. Effect of telephone service to multiple service operators; Impact of telephone service on the market share of GCI; Telephone services offered by GCI.
- SUNFLOWER BLOSSOMING THROUGH INNOVATION. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/23/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p19
Reports on the success of Sunflower Broadband in Lawrence, Kansas in 2005. Factors that contributed to its success; Remarks from general manager Patrick Knorr regarding the company; Information on a strategy implemented by Sunflower to uncover untapped revenue streams.