NBCU Merger Review Goes on Road Tour
- SBC: Nextel Deal Shows Waivers Work. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the deal signed by Nextel Communications Inc. with the United States Federal Communications Commission general counsel. Implication of the deal.
- FCC flags radio deals for further analysis. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;08/24/98, Vol. 128 Issue 35, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) officials have begun inviting public comments on the competitive impacts of radio deals. Components of the initial analysis of the deals made by FCC; Views of Linda Blair, chief of FCC Audio Services Division. INSET: Call...
- Clock Stops Again on Comcast-NBC Universal. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p26
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission had stopped for the second time the review of proposed deal of Comcast Corp. to control the General Electric owned NBC Universal because of incomplete company information provided, and its impact on online content distribution.
- Getting Serious. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/19/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 36, p48
The editorial comments on the petition of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to block the deal between Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable and address its disparate regulatory treatment related to media ownership.
- In Praise of a Standstill Option. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/24/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 21, p32
In this article the author comments on the Cable System's call for a regime change on cable carriage deals as governed over by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Bliley Raps `Closed-door Deal-making'. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Announces the United States (US) House Commerce Committee's inquiry into a pact made by US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) General Counsel Christopher Wright with Nextel Communications Inc. over a set of personal communications service licenses. Accusations against the FCC; Views on the...
- Briefly. // Telephony;9/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p72
Presents news briefs on the telecommunications industry in the United States as of September 10, 2001. Agreement among Wireless Knowledge, Sprint PCS and Qualcomm; Growth of time division multiple access subscribers; Worth of wireless spectrum licenses returned by the Federal Communications...
- Level 3/ICG Deal Next In Line For Regulatory Nod. // Telecom Policy Report;5/1/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p5
Reports that the deal of Level 3 Communications Inc. to purchase ICG Communications Inc. needs to obtain official approvals in 2006. Information on the opening by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of the license/asset transfer approval process for such deal; Importance of the approval...
- Sprint Nextel, Clearwire seek to swap 2.5 GHz assets. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the efforts of Sprint Nextel Corp. and Clearwire Corp. to seek U.S. Federal Communications Commission approval of a deal involving the swap of broadband radio service channels in the 2.5 gigahertz band. The terms of the deal were detailed in the article. Prior to acquiring...