Comcast, Discovery Tackle 'Brain Drain' With VOD Contest
- Reversing the brain drain requires a paradigm shift. Yeoh, Tricia // Penang Economic Monthly;Jun2011, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p40
The article offers the author's perspective regarding the brain drain migration issue in Malaysia. The author talks about the need to promote talent retention in the nation and suggests ways on how to do it. She also discusses the role of the state government to address the problem, such as...
- South Africa's neighbors poach its boffs. // African Business;Sep98, Issue 235, p6
Reports on brain drain in South Africa. Neighbors of South Africa where the professionals preferred to settle.
- Reverse brain drain in South Korea: State-led model. Yoon, Bang-Soon L. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring92, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
Examines the reverse brain drain (RBD) in South Korea. Factors leading to the success of the country's RBD; Features of Korea's RBD policies; Role of President Park in reversal of RBD.
- Causes of brain drain and solutions: The Taiwan experience. Chang, Shirley L. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring92, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p27
Examines the origin and the government's response to brain drain in Taiwan. Factors leading to the elite's emigration; Causes of brain drain; Implementation of programs of the Republic of China to reverse the brain drain in Taiwan.
- The Chinese brain drain and policy options. Chang, Parris; Deng, Zhiduan // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring92, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the growing problem of brain drain in the overseas education in China. Implication of the Tiananmen incident on the growing brain drain; Options considered by the government; Influence of families on students abroad.
- Eastern Europe: What benefits from the brain drain? de Tinguy, Anne; de Wenden, Catherine // OECD Observer;Oct/Nov93, Issue 184, p33
Reports on brain drain in central and eastern Europe. Effects on the government; Causes; Brain drain as mobility; Initiatives taken by countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development; Government programs.
- Brain-drain dilemma for Bosnia. Ford, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;2/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 59, p6
Focuses on the concern in Bosnia-Herzegovina about a brain drain as professionals leave the country looking for a better life.
- Football and the brain drain. Bown, William // New Scientist;11/30/91, Vol. 132 Issue 1797, p59
Comments on the brain drain of scientists in Great Britain. Shortage of cash for science; Expansion of the market for scientific talent; Pursuit of the highest level of research in the country.
- Reverse Brain Drain: Thais Ditch the American Rat Race (Guest Voice). // Moderate Voice;12/25/2012, p8
A blog on Thailand's efforts to stop brain drain to the U.S. is discussed.