Dish Wants FCC OK For Importing Signals
- FCC Certifies Dish for Distant Signals. // TV Technology;9/22/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p42
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has freed Dish Network Corp. from a distant-signal injunction after it was enjoined in a court fight with CBS in 2006.
- Proposed Rules : FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION. // Federal Register;9/27/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 188, p59633
A summary is presented of the bill related to the opening of the docket to seek comment on the petition for waiver and request for extension of time by DISH Network Corp., proposed by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau under the U.S. Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
- Dish's bidding in AWS-3 auction raises questions about its long-term strategy. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;11/24/2014, p1
The article reports on the bidding done by satellite service provider Dish Network in Federal Communications Commission (FCC) AWS-3 spectrum auction and discusses the speculations made on long-term spectrum strategy of Dish Network.
- FCC OK HEATS DISH STOCK. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;12/13/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 52, p8
The article reports on the projection of $36.67 price of stock settled by Dish Network Corp. after approaching a 52-week high with a 37.16 price and following the formal clearance made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to use spectrum for a terrestrial cellphone network.
- Eshoo: DISH needs to give up PBS fight. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/7/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 79, p14
The article discusses the criticism of U.S. Representative Anna Eshoo on the action of DISH Network Corp. to take into court the U.S. Federal Communications Commission condition that they carry public broadcasting signals in high definition.
- FCC initiates satellite-spectrum proceeding. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is seeking comments on Dish Network's plan to repurpose its satellite spectrum to support a nationwide terrestrial long term evolution network.
- Dish Network's Ergen Rouses Speculation on Purchase of LightSquared Debt. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;5/15/2012, p2
The article focuses on the debt of 350 million dollars bought from network operator LightSquared Inc. after raising 1.9 billion dollars in cash through bond sales by Dish Network Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen. Harbinger Capital Hedge fund director Philip Falcone controls the LightSquared who had...
- FCC, Dish Square Off Over Spectrum Plan. // Multichannel News;12/3/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p13
The article informs the decision taken by Dish Network Corp. and the U.S. Federal Communication Commission regarding a proposal to allow satellite television operator to use their spectrum for delivering terrestrial 4G mobile broadband services.
- FCC gives Dish OK on AWS spectrum. // CED;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p7
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved a proposal made by Dish Network Corp. for deploying a terrestrial wireless broadband network on its spectrum which was previously reserved for satellite transmissions.