Reps Want Merger Action
- Q&A Rep. Boucher praises FCC, begins work on net neutrality legislation. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 109, p4
An interview with U.S. chairperson of the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet, Representive Rick Boucher, is presented in which he discussed his position on the net neutrality legislation issues.
- FCC employee on loan to congressman. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Details the naming of Mark Rubin into the United States Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs. Career history; Representative Rick Boucher as his boss.
- Draft Privacy Proposal To Receive One-Month Comment Period. // Debt Cubed;May/Jun2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p25
The article reports that Democrat Representative Rick Boucher from Virginia allotted a one-month comment period on the draft data privacy proposal which will be submitted on June 4, 2010 while he is preparing for introducing a bill.
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p52
Reports on Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt's support of Representative Rick Boucher's idea to allow electric and gas utilities to compete in the cable and telephone business. Letter sent to House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey; Hundt's concern about...
- Boucher wants ASkyB, broadcasters to reach consensus. Fleming, Heather // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p20
Reports on Representative Rick Boucher's call for broadcasters and ASkyB to reach some consensus over the issue of retransmitting local television signals. ASkyB's claim that it can retransmit local television signals under existing cable and satellite copyright law; Boucher's call for changes...
- Boucher: GOP-led House is unlikely to scrap net neutrality. Jerome, Sara // Hill;12/8/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 126, p16
The article reports on the strong conviction of Representative Rick Boucher on the improbability for Republicans to dispute against net neutrality in the U.S.
- Industry players sorry to see Boucher go. Jerome, Sara // Hill;11/4/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 116, p14
The article reports on the defeat of U.S. House Communications subcommittee chairman Rick Boucher in the November 2, 2010 election which prompted a common reaction from industry and consumer groups.
- In search of a digital solution. H.F. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 49, p85
Profiles Rick Boucher, member of the United States House of Representatives. Career history; Educational background; Contributions to communications policy and law.
- Former tech chairman joins lobby, law firm. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;5/19/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 68, p18
The article announces that former Representative Rick Boucher has joined the law firm Sidley Austin LLP.