Through the Wire
- NBC KING AT SPORTS EMMYS. // Daily Variety;5/2/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 22, p7
The article reports the winners during the 2012 Sports Emmy Awards including National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC), Fox Broadcasting Co., and Home Box Office Inc. (HBO).
- Cable Shines in Emmy Spotlight. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p4
The article announces the 2014 Primetime Emmy Awards received by several cable satellite television networks including Home Box Office (HBO) Inc., National Broadcasting Co. and Columbia Broadcasting System Inc. and presents a table comparing the awards won by the networks in 2013 and 2014.
- What Price Reliability? // TV Technology;4/2/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p33
The article offers the author's insights regarding the reliability in Internet Protocol television (ITPV). The author discusses several topics including the Great Lengths, a tool used to prevent several problems related to the ITPVs, which include on-air failure and missing picture, sound or...
- EMMYS DIG 'SIX FEET UNDER' // Daily Variety;7/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the competition between cable television giants Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. and National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) Inc. in the Emmy Awards in the U.S. Analysis of the rating HBO from 1999 to 2003; Decline in the rating of NBC; Domination of the HBO program 'Six Feet Under' among the...
- HBO dominates as 4 series capture double-digit. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;7/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the domination of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. in the Emmy Awards nominations in the U.S. Number of nominations for the program 'Six Feet Under'; Competition between HBO and National Broadcasting Co.; Details of the other nominees in the award.
- Hot tips for Globe trotting. Higgins, Bill // Daily Variety;1/12/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 11, p1
The article suggests tips for attending the party after the Golden Globe Awards. Several parties are hosted in a small area after the function including one by HBO at Circa 55 restaurant and by Warner Bros. in InStyle. The article suggests that the first choice of party should be Instyle by...
- NBC tops Emmy nominations. Stroud, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p64
Provides information on the number of nominations garnered by the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) for the Emmy Awards. NBC programs that helped the company garnered such nominations; Number of nominations garnered by HBO; Information on `From the Earth to the Moon' and `ER'; Television...
- PEACOCK, HBO INK MR. BIG. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;09/15/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 10, p1
Highlights the deals involving actor Chris Noth, who plays Mr. Big in the television program 'Sex in the City.' Deal calling for Home Box Office to either develop a series specifically for Noth or cast him in one of its upcoming series projects; Deal signed by Noth to produce and star in a...
- SAME PLACES, NEW FACES. // Hollywood Reporter;1/16/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 1, p70
The article offers a preview of the 2015 Golden Globe afterparties at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Information is provided on the separate parties hosted by television network HBO at the pool at Circa, fashion web site InStyle/entertainment company Warner Bros. at the...