Cable Keeps Crankin' in Q2
- Cablevision Joins Club. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2007. The company's financial performance proved to be disappointing during the period and it consequently reduced its year-end cash-flow and revenue projections for 2007. Cablevision...
- Cablevision Posts a 389K Q2 Video Subscriber Loss. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that cable television company Cablevision has lost 389,000 video subscribers in the U.S. at the end of the second quarter of 2013.
- Facing Increased Competition, Cablevision Sheds 68K Subscriptions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
The article informs that Cablevision Systems Corp., American cable television company, had shedded 37,000 basic-video customers and has struggled with increased competition and its own past success in the third quarter of 2013.
- Charter's Plan? Keep Looking. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses the growth plan of cable television firm Charter Communications Inc. in which it has staked its future growth on Time Warner Cable (TWC) deal and states the comment of its chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Rutledge that Charter do not need acquisitions to grow.
- Earnings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 91, p3
Reports on the cable revenue posted by Disney channel for the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. Revenue of Disney-ESPN cable nets; Percentage of increase in operating income.
- 2016: Emerging Answers to Big Questions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p4
The article reports that several analysts of the cable industry, the media business, ratings measurement and broadband industry will be positive and will sort out its priorities in 2016. Topics discussed include views of Tom Eagan, media analyst at Telsey Advisory Group, on the Total Audience...
- Advanced services boost pair of cablers in Q3. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/7/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 16, p19
The article reports on the financial performance of two cable television companies Cablevision Systems Corp. and Charter Communications Inc. It mentions that both the companies which are signing up advanced services subscribers but are losing basic users have reported improved bottom lines for...
- A WALL STREET SNARL. Hayes, Dade // Daily Variety;11/7/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 25, p3
The article reports that the cable and live entertainment company, Cablevision, has produced a profitable 2008 third quarter. However, the author reports that the company's stocks remain on the downside. The firm posted net profits of $27.1 million. Cablevision has postponed plans to explore...
- Cablevision Gives Fox News Big Hike. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 42, p26
The article reports on a deal between Fox News and Cablevision System increasing the licensing fee paid the cable network by the carrier. It is noted Fox's rate per subscriber will triple in the new arrangement. Fox's lesser profitability compared to rival CNN due to the latter's higher...