A Ratings Pulse From 90s Heartthrobs
- The trouble with networks' past is they can't escape it. Bednarski, P.J. // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p12
Presents comparisons of the past and present of United States broadcast network television. Meanings of ratings and audience share in the 1970s and 1990s.
- Webs must play sweeps for keeps. Lowry, Brian // Variety;12/5/94, Vol. 357 Issue 6, p25
Discusses the necessity of sweeps, ratings surveys used to assess performance of television programs. Comparison of network schedules; Statements from network executives; Use of preempting programs in the May surveys.
- Television ratings. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p138
Presents a chart of the program ratings developed in 1997 by the United States television industry, to help parents select programs suitable for children to watch. The designations TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, and TV-M.
- Influence peddling in San Diego. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that television stations in San Diego, California, are protesting against the marketing campaign of television station KSWB focusing on Nielsen Media Research's ratings households as of November 13, 2000. Details of the marketing campaign designed to influence Nielsen homes' television...
- A family warily welcomes television-show ratings. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/96, Vol. 88 Issue 63, p1
Reports on the implementation of a rating system, to allow parents the ability to monitor the nature of various television programs, in the United States. Proposed meeting between television executives and President Clinton; Provisions under the Telecommunications Reform Bill; Comments from...
- DANDY DEBUTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the rating of the television shows of Court TV in the U.S. Investigation of crimes; Percentage of the rating for the premiere series; Improvement of the cable show.
- Local news is good news for KNBC(TV). Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on KNBC(TV), while highlighting the ratings it received during its coverage of the winter Olympics. Comments from Carole Black, general manager of KNBC; Factors which contributed to the high ratings KNBC received; Details on the competition KNBC received from KCBS-TV.
- Tops with kids. Schlosser, Joe; Grego, Melissa // Broadcasting & Cable;01/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p116
Reports on the United States-based television network Kids WB's ratings performance on January 13, 2000.
- Spanish station delivers strong demos. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p51
Unveils the rating earned by Spanish-language WXTV (TV) New York in May 1998 according Nielsen station index. Demographics of WXTV viewers; Reason for the rating received by the station.
- CBS spruces up record collection. Miller, Stuart // Variety;2/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the ratings of television stations and programs for the week of February 18 to 24, 1994. February 23 face off between Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding, `Shattered Glory'; Ratings success of the Winter Games; Counterprogramming; CBS' February 14 to 20 record; Fox's improved season...