The Great Discovery Channel Rescue Act
- Consolidation on Tap for Cable? // Variety;11/26/2013, Vol. 322 Issue 5, preceding p17
The author offers opinions on the cable television industry, stating that the interest of John Malone, head of the company Liberty Media in acquiring Time Warner Cable indicates that there will be significant mergers within the industry.
- Discovery's CEO Watch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 43, p10
The article focuses on Discovery Communications Inc.'s search for a new chief executive officer to replace the departing Judith McHale. Cable television entrepreneur John Malone and the company's other major stockholders are named. Discovery's slow earnings growth due to the maturation of its...
- Malone, Pricing Drive Analysts' Optimism. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;6/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p9
The article reflects on a report by financial analyst at the Cable Show 2013 who states that the presence of John Malone, an American businessman and philanthropist and broadband pricing power are some of the biggest positives in the cable industry.
- ABOVE IT ALL. // CableFAX Magazine;Dec2010, p6
The article focuses on several cable executives in the U.S. including chief executive officer (CEO) Greg Maffei of Liberty Media Corp., Oprah Winfrey of Oprah Winfrey Network LLC (OWN), and John Hendricks of Discovery Channel. It says that OWN's net worth of has increased to 2.7 billion dollars...
- MALONE BOOSTS LIBERTY'S DISTRIBUTION PORTFOLIO. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that through the stake of Liberty Media Corp. chairman John Malone in DirectTV Inc., he will once again own a distribution platform of 15.6 million-subscriber outlet to expand carriage for his service. As part of the deal, Malone will get three regional sports channels from...
- Discovery bags 11 awards at Asian Television Awards. // Indiantelevision.com;12/4/2015, p6
The article announces that Discovery Channel won an award in cable and satellite channel of the year category while Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific won the cable and satellite network of the year award at the Asian Television Awards 2015 in Singapore.
- CABLE'S 'PEACEMAKER' Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p23
The article focuses on the achievement of former NewChannels Communications president Bob Miron who is also a retiree in the cable television industry in the U.S. It notes that his career history is known more on his deal making skills wherein he is considered as the strongest and most effective...
- Bob Miron's Savvy Built A Monumental Enterprise. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p44
The article discusses the professional achievement of cable television executive Bob Miron who is know for his assistance which benefited the cable television industry in the U.S. It notes that his hard work and business skills had earned him successful ventures in the cable business and respect...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.