- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.
- Rocking the Industry. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p3A
Reports that the cable television network HBO has redefined excellence in television entertainment as of November 2002. Size of the audience of HBO; Comments of Howard Rosenberg, critic for the newspaper 'Los Angeles Times' on the entertainment programs telecast on HBO; Growth in the revenues...
- Western programmers Indianize their shows. Cunha, Uma Da // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Reports on the development of the satellite television networks in India. Viewership of the government-owned television networks Doordarshan (DD) and Zee-TV; Link up of the television networks with the global television web; Government regulations on cable television industry.
- Come back to Amsterdam. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the efforts of Amsterdam's A2000 cable system to lure back some networks that it alienated with its unique business model. Advertising potential of the system's 100% penetration rate; Concerns about the cable operator's pay-for-carriage model; Top basic programmers' pullout of their...