At TCA, New Twists on Reality
- Reality purveyors return critics' fire. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;4/7/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 3, p4
Comments on reality television programs in the U.S. Reactions of reality television program producers to criticism; Efforts of producer Mark Burnett to achieve validation.
- For new net plans, press here. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the discussion of reality television programs at the Television Critics Association meeting in Los Angeles, California. Offer of reality series in six major broadcasting networks; Possibility of strike by the Writer's Guild and Screen Actors Guild; Development of the reality series...
- MTV grows slate, pink-slips staffers. Hibberd, James; Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;6/24/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 18, p5
The article reports on the revelation by MTV Networks of a development slate as it made job cuts in June 2009 in Los Angeles, California. The television network ordered a pilot for Mark Burnett's reality project, starring actress Audrina Patridge, and announced projects in development from...
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Wake up and smell the reality. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the broadcast networks' presentations at the Television Critics Association presstour in Pasadena, California. Fox programming executives' renewal of the company's dominant position in the reality show market; National Broadcasting Corp.'s plan to launch reality series, like `Chains...