- Hockey scores on cable. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/96, Vol. 126 Issue 26, p59
Reports on the cable television coverage of the National Hockey League's (NHL) 1996 playoffs. Ratings of NHL television shows; Postseason playoff telecasts.
- Airport net catches football. Donohue // Multichannel News;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p24
Reports on a decision by Turner Network Television and the National Football League (NFL) to continue with a plan to distribute NFL games on the CNN Airport Network television network despite the former's loss of its NFL television-rights contract. League's provision of its games broadcasts to...
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- CSTV's Starters: DirecTV, No MSOs. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p34
College Sports Television (CSTV) is expected to enter into an agreement with DirecTV Inc. as its only multichannel distributor on April 07, 2003. Subscribers to the direct-broadcast satellite provider's "Sports Pack" will receive CSTV when it officially starts off around 11: 30 p.m. ET, after...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;7/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 132, p2
Presents updates on cable television in the U.S. Launching of the "V Cast Performances," a music performance and concert tour program for phones equipped with V Cast technology, by Verizon; Plan of DirecTV to pitch MLB games in HD by regional sports nets in 19 markets; Schedule of the YES...
- OLN Skates Toward Success With NHL. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the programming issues regarding OLN's telecast of National Hockey League (NHL) games in the U.S. as of October 2005. Household rating of the first telecast of the games; Move of the company to forbid several distributors from carrying its NHL package; Financial incentive from NHL...
- THIS I GOTTA SEE. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;6/9/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 23, p6
The article presents a calendar of events related to sports in the month of June. On June 3, football fans can relive the good times with more than five hours of the NFL's Greatest Games on ESPN Classic, which starts at 2:30 p.m. On June 4, "Legends of Hockey: "Lord Stanley's Legacy," will be...
- NFL joins MTV generation. Bernstein // Daily Variety;01/10/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the marketing tie-up between the National Football League (NFL) and cable television network Music Television (MTV). Production of NFL-themed shows by MTV; Holding of a series of `NFL Under the Helmet' concerts by NFL for MTV.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...