C-SPAN BOSSES CUT CAKE
- 2010 ACC Beacon Awards. // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p12
The article offers information on the 2010 Association of Cable Communicators (ACC) Beacon Awards in the U.S. It mentions that the awards would recognize the best cable communications and public affairs networks and companies across the country. It states that C-SPAN Video Library site had won...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- C-SPAN Works Through Major Upgrade. Kovacs, Bob // Government Video;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
The article offers information on the development and system improvisation of Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN). It states that it was created by the cable television industry in 1979 as a nonprofit educational organization funded by cable companies across the U.S. It mentions that...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Wellness nets showing strong vital signs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p25
Features cable television networks that offer health programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Discovery Health; WebMD TV; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.