ACA Unveils NBCU Conditions
- Q&A. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p20
An interview with Matt Polka, president and chief executive officer of the American Cable Association (ACA), is presented. When asked about the original mission of the organization and its changes, he refers to the group's reaction and protest regarding the implications of the 1992 Cable Act and...
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;5/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 94, p2
The article reports on the decision of iVillage stockholders to approve the acquisition offer of NBCU. The purchase of the media company is expected to be completed on May 15, 2006.
- Cable Scene Changes Because of Consolidation, Competition. // njbiz;9/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p25
The article reports on the changes in the cable television industry in the U.S. due to consolidation and competition. It predicts that Comcast Cable Communications will expand after the completion of the acquisition of Patriot Media & Communications. It says that the deal will be finalized in...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Comcast Bulks Up. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the expansion of the partnership between Comcast Media Center (CMC) and SES Americom through a multi-year, multitransponder contract. The contract was intended to help CMC expand its offerings to cable affiliates. It was also meant to enhance and expand CMC's HITS Quantum...
- Marking 10 years of consolidation in the cable industry. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;8/27/2015, p2
The article reports that "FierceCable" examined the major acquisitions and mergers consummated in the last 10 years in the cable industry and has created an infographic depicting major milestones.
- Comcast, Cablevision Roar in Q1. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article focuses on the improved performance of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in the first quarter of 2011 due to better marketing, service, and products offered to basic-video customers.
- Stations a Basic Backbone. Rehr, David K. // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p13
The author reflects on the column by Matt Polka, chief executive officer (CEO) of American Cable Association (ACA), concerning the retransmission consent to broadcast television (TV) station signals. He claims that Polka's paper contained several inaccuracies that should be addressed. He...
- North Carolina Group Weighs Buyout. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on a consortium of towns close to Charlotte, North Carolina that is deliberating on the possible acquisition of a local cable system operated by Time Warner Cable in 2007. The consortium has until the middle of June 2007 to decide on whether to purchase the cable system,...