- Charter-TWC Clock Awaits FCC Vote. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;8/10/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p8
The article presents views of Tom Wheeler, Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) chairman, on the FCC voting on protective order for confidential documents submitted for the review regarding the merger of telecommunication companies Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable.
- Malone Takes Global View on Cable. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p4
The article presents the views of Liberty Media chairman John Malone on the future prospects of cable industry. It cites the reference of the U.S. President Barack Obama favoring the stricter Title II approach to broadband oversight, and Malone's views on the U.S. Federal Communications...
- Looking Ahead. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/13/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 43, p4
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The Department of Commerce will publish the advanced monthly retail sales data for October 2009. Charter Communications Inc. will ask Judge James Peck to extend its exclusivity period for filing a Chapter 11 plan. The Department of Labor will publish...
- A jury of peers. // CED;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the role of interconnection agreements in consolidation of the pay television (TV) and broadband communication companies. It informs about the merger between telecommunication firm AT&T and DirecTV satisfying interconnection agreements in U.S Federal Communications...
- NAB Hammers Charter-TWC. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;10/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p44
The article reports that the National Association of Broadcasters has requested the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to deregulate broadcasting or put a moratorium on pay TV mergers. Topics discussed include an acquisition deal between Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable (TWC),...
- Roku Sides With Cable TV Partners In FCC Set-Top Box Brouhaha. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;2/16/2016, p1
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's proposal to open up the TV set-top market does not have the support of one of the biggest video streaming set-topÂ makers, Roku, which has partnered with cable TV firms.
- The US. // Christian Science Monitor;4/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 101, p2
Presents news briefs as they relate to various issues in the United States. Failure of the efforts of firefighters to extinguish a fire in Grand Forks, North Dakota due to rising flood waters after dikes holding back the Red River gave way; Statistics on the performance of the Dow Jones...
- The US. // Christian Science Monitor;4/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 105, p2
Presents brief news reports from across the United States as of April 24, 1997. Approval of an extra $200 million in emergency relief, by the House Appropriations Committee, for flood victims in North Dakota and Minnesota; Threats made by the Senate Democrats to block all business until the GOP...
- Etceteras. // Christian Science Monitor;4/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 105, p2
Presents brief news reports from across the United States as of April 24, 1997. Subjection of second and third graders in Casper, Wyoming to a strip search after $10 dollar was reported missing; Statistical information on the tobacco industry; Detailed information on other issues.