NBC's Williams Joins 'OnScreen'
- BRIAN WILLIAMS ADDED TO ONSCREEN LINEUP. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/25/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 40, p4
The article reports on the participation of Brian Williams, an anchor of NBC Nightly News, in the onscreen lineup for the 2010 OnScreen Media Summit to be held on October 28, 2010 in New York.
- Dwarfed by One Himalaya of a Lie. YOUNG, JOHN // Progressive Populist;3/15/2015, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p18
The author offers his views about the suspension of Brian Williams from his show "NBC Nightly News" for telling a lie.
- In 1977, Jersey Was Williams' Beat. JANG, MEENA // Hollywood Reporter;4/17/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 12, p140
The article focuses on Brian Williams, alumnus from the Mater Dei school of New Jersey, who was suspended from his position of anchoring in the television program "NBC Nightly News" for the exaggeration of his experiences during the Iraq War in 2003.
- Williams Moving to CNBC As Part of MSNBC Overhaul. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p6
Reports on the appointment of television anchor Brian Williams to succeed Tom Brokaw on 'NBC Nightly News' as part of the overhaul made by MSNBC. Cable news rivals of the network; Other changes made by MSNBC to its programs.
- WHAT NOW? // Esquire;Feb2009, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p13
The article offers comments from Brian Williams, news anchor and managing editor of NBC Nightly News. He says America's past accomplishments should give us confidence to affect positive change in the U.S. He remarks that it is time for Americans to care less about themselves and more about the...
- Peacock prods Williams to strut his stuff. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;6/30/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 7, p18
Deals with the decision of the NBC News management that Brian Williams will succeed Tom Brokaw as lead anchor of 'Nightly News.' Disadvantages of the early announcement of the Brokaw-Williams transition; Information on William's contract with NBC News; Results of a TV Guide poll on America's...
- Brokaw anchored at NBC until '04; Williams in wings. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/4/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 36, p75
Reports the investiture of the newscasting position to Brian Williams by Tom Brokaw for the 'NBC Nightly News' in New York. Termination of 'The News With Brian Williams' at NBC; Continuation of Brokaw's broadcasting career in NBC News primetime special reports; Details on the negotiation for...
- The Unlikeliest Indie-Rock Nerd. Gay, Jason // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Oct2009, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p124
The article offers information on BritTunes, a blog by "NBC Nightly News" anchor Brian Williams.
- Will Brian Williams' Disgrace Hasten the Decline of Evening Network News? Beaubien, Greg // Public Relations Tactics;Mar2015, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article explores the future of network television news in general in the U.S. in light of the suspension of "Nightly News" television anchor Brian Williams for misleading viewers about his role in a helicopter incident in Iraq.