Cable-Tec Expo: Tablets, Broadband and More
- ADB scores industry 1st. // CED;Jan2010, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the demonstration of the Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) on the functionality of the Cisco Systems Inc. and Motorola Inc. headends and cablecards at the CableLabs introp event . It mentions that ADB use the Cisco headend and CableCard to display Time Warner Cable's...
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- Networks Tread Into Broadband Content. Pendleton, Jennifer // Multichannel News;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p44
Focuses on cable television networks' offering of broadband programming in the United States as of October 23, 2000. Discovery Channel's broadband program 'Inside the Space Station' Independent Film Channel's plan to produce a television program that will also run on the company's Web site.
- Connecting the dots to learning and leadership at Expo. Dzuban, Mark // CED;Jul/Aug2014, p13
The article provides updates in the cable television and telecommunication industries in the U.S. It highlights the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Exposition on September 22-25, 2014 as well as the appointment of Lindsay Johnston as senior vice president in...
- GROWING CABLE INDUSTRY NEEDS NETEQUALIZER. // Tele-Service News;Sep2006, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that the cable industry needs a NetEqualizer, a bandwidth shaping appliance, as they expand and move more into providing network services. For several years, NetEqualizer has been serving Internet service providers, schools, universities, large businesses, business suites and...
- Managing capacity in DOCSIS multi-service nets, Part 2. Bekele, Ben // CED;Nov2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p30
This article focuses on monitoring multiservice capacity resources using recent enhancements to DOCSIS network management capabilities. Capacity planning provides the ability to estimate the number of services and subscribers that can be accommodated within a specific segment of the DOCSIS...
- Broadband. // CableFAX Daily;11/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 214, p2
The article reports on the decision of cable network ESPN360 to make the broadband game Army-Air Force free to U.S. troops around the globe.
- On Display:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Presents update on the display technology used by cable television networks in the U.S. Decision of CableLabs to use video-on demand in its broadcast application; Features of broadband video programming launched by ICTV; Partnership of BigBand and Concurrent for network-based time shifting.
- Akimbo nets TBS YOD deal. // CED;Nov2004, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that Akimbo Systems Inc. removed some content questions swirling around its Internet based VOD service this fall after inking a deal to pipe in show's from TBS SuperStation Inc. The agreement will give Akimbo on-demand access to programs that fall under the TBS network...