Whirlwind Start for ESPN Marketer
- JODI MARKLEY. Miller, Stuart // Multichannel News;7/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p12
The article offers information on the senior vice president of operations for ESPN, Jodi Markley, her career mobility, and her role in the sports network such as hiring staffs, installing facilities, and working on new programs.
- Thristy work. Howell, Nic // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p14
The article deals with beverage company Coca-Cola's strategy of combining social media and data as a driver for improved consumer contact, as envisioned by its vice president for global interactive marketing Carol Kruse. It mentions that Coca-Cola is already adjusting its marketing to members of...
- "ESPN'S" MULTIMEDIA PAGE PLUS STRATEGY IS WORKING. // Media Industry Newsletter;4/18/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 16, p2
The article reports on the good performance of the multimedia strategy of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) as of April 18, 2011, as well as the resignation of Gary Belsky as ESPN editor-in-chief.
- LinkedIn is transitioning from a display ad business to a content marketing platform'. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/14/2014, p4
An interview with Penry Rice, global vice president of sales at business-oriented social networking service LinkedIn is presented. Rice explains how Great Britain is using LinkedIn as much more from a content strategy and as a content marketing distribution channel. He discusses why he was...
- Phillips Enjoys a Good Sports Challenge. Weprin, Alex // Broadcasting & Cable;3/29/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 13, p28
The article profiles Damon Phillips, an ESPN360.com vice president and founder of SportsTVinsider.com in the U.S. He says that he was enjoying in the new businesses including brand extension and building new businesses. Phillips was a linebacker at Standford University and part of the management...
- ESPN: Flexing Its Marketing Muscle. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p18
The article reports that ESPN has introduced new shows, reinforced its position, and brought out new technology for sports advertisers during its upfront presentation on May 17, 2011.
- A social revolution. Waring, Brian // Marketing (00253650);3/9/2011, p22
The article presents a profile for Brian Waring, the vice-president of marketing and category for Starbucks Corp .in Great Britain. It states that he is a part of a global marketing team which cam from different territories. It notes that he joined the company in 2004 as its head of marketing...
- Sean R.H. Bratches. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014 Supplement 24th Annual Hall of Fame, p12
The article profiles Sean R.H. Bratches, executive vice president of sales and marketing at ESPN. He is an inductee at the 2014 Hall of Fame class of the journal. It discusses his foray into the sports network initially working with George Boderheiner who would become president of ESPN. It...
- 1st HABITS. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Jan2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p10
The article profiles Chris LaPlaca, senior vice president (SVP) of communications at ESPN. It is said that his first public relations job was in their family-owned restaurant. It is noted that the television programme "SportsCenter" is his proudest career achievement. It is cited that he has...