Testing System Sale Temps
- Network in the making. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 39, p50
Explores the business ownership of television network, Azteca America in the U.S. Acquisition of Pappas Telecasting shares by Azteca America; Addition of network coverage; Popularity of novel programming.
- BBC3--are many of us really going to watch it? Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week;3/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p17
Discusses the impact of the launching of BBC3, a cable television network on the commercial television industry in Great Britain. Conduction of a conference by the industry; Difficulty of winning audience in the competitive television business; Views of the industry to the launching of the...
- Euro channels link programming & resources, challenging MTV Europe. Dezzani, Mark // Billboard;10/29/94, Vol. 106 Issue 44, p52
Report on the collaboration of four music-television stations in Europe to link programming and resources. Challenge to MTV Europe's Pan-European success; Impact of the agreement on the tension between MTV Europe and national broadcasters; MTV Europe's launching of promotional campaign.
- VH1: Rolling on Rock. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;09/27/99, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p12
Focuses on the television network VH1 of the United States. Brief history of VH1; Ratings of the network; Television programs of VH1.
- HALLMARK'S CARD. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 10, p1
Announces the plan of Hallmark Channel to air original movies through Hallmark Entertainment; Schedules of original movies in basic cable; Increase number of cable subscribers; Decision to stick to family oriented programming.
- Animal Planet bows. // Daily Variety;3/14/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 10, p8
Announces the success of the Animal Planet launched by the Discovery Networks in Latin America.
- Azteca America breathes Gotham air. Tegel, Simeon; Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;12/4/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 42, p5
Reports the addition of WXNY Channel 39 to the Stateside stations of Azteca America in New York. Efforts of the company expand business in America; Emphasis on increasing network coverage; Impact of the move on the revenue of the company.
- SHALES SLUGS IT OUT WITH CNN! READ THIS COLUMN! RIGHT NOW! Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p25
Presents views related to the degree of dignity of several television networks in the U.S. Promotion aired by Cable News Network related to sexual assault; Degradation of imitating inferior; Characteristic of several television promotions.
- Bloomberg goes German. Donohue, Steven // Electronic Media;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p8
Reports on plans of the company Bloomberg Television, to launch a 24-hour channel in Germany, in September 1998. Competition which the channel will have to face in Germany; Comments from Peter Kosann, manager of worldwide media distribution for the company; Details of a deal between the company...