PEJ: King of Pop Logs More Airtime Than Iraq War in '09
- YOU'RE DOING A HECKUVA JOB, RUMMY EDITION. // Newsweek;4/24/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 17, p6
The article presents a chart of popular opinion concerning politics and popular culture for the week ending April 24, 2006. The article assesses the standing of newsmakers and topics in the news, including U.S. President George W. Bush, U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, nuclear...
- PROJECT CENSORED. RODRIGUEZ, JOE FITZGERALD // Boise Weekly;1/22/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p11
The article presents some news that could not be highlighted in 2013, by project censored from the non-profit media research, education and advocacy initiative Project for Excellence in Journalism. News discussed include failure of corporate media in revealing untold deaths of Iraqi civilians by...
- diary. Eagleton, Terry // New Statesman;1/31/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4724/4725, p9
Examines world politics as of January 31, 2005. View that the trial of Michael Jackson on charges of child molestation will compete with the Iraqi elections for media coverage in the U.S.; Description of security preparation for the Iraqi elections; Criticism of U.S. President George W. Bush's...
- THIS IS BUSH'S WAR. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1022
Comments on the U.S. war with Iraq which started in March in 2003. Assessment of U.S. public support for the war; Casualty rate; Criticisms on the decision of President George W. Bush to declare war against Iraq; Factors that boost public support for the war.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;3/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p2
Presents various thoughts that came on March 19, the day of the war deadline of the U.S. against Iraq. Arguments and justifications for war; Questions about the legitimate use of force and how to respond to evil in the world; Role of the 'National Catholic Reporter.'
- The Fall of Baghdad. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;4/25/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p2
No abstract available.
- Before Reading. // Junior Scholastic;11/12/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the war between Iraq and the U.S., which started in March 2003.
- Cakewalks and slam dunks: realities of the Iraq War. McCarthy, Colman // National Catholic Reporter;1/20/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p20
The author reflects on the realities of the war and violence in Iraq.
- Editor's Note. Daği, İhsan // Insight Turkey;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p3
An introduction to articles published within the issue is presented, including the potentials and limits of Turkey's soft power and the Iraq war.