Studios to Cable: Push VOD
- On Display:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Presents update on the display technology used by cable television networks in the U.S. Decision of CableLabs to use video-on demand in its broadcast application; Features of broadband video programming launched by ICTV; Partnership of BigBand and Concurrent for network-based time shifting.
- Cable Nets Step Up Their Studio Game. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;5/4/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 17, p6
The article examines how U.S. cable networks are aiming to take advantage of the burgeoning international market for dramas and comedies and digital revenue from streaming video-on-demand services such as Netflix. Topics covered include how owning content has become a popular strategy for...
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Screaming to Be Heard. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p37
The article provides information on some of the new programming initiatives of communication networks. Channel capacity is strained on most cable systems and new linear launches are confined to high-definition channels. Video-on-demand and broadband networks are being introduced by several niche...
- New Era in Digital Video Dawns. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, preceding p1
The article provides information on the continuous evolution of digital video. It states that after the wake of direct broadband satellite (DBS), cable operators have engaged in digital video. Large and small individual cable systems operators have gone to digital video transition. It mentions...
- Video Over DOCSIS: A Bypass Architecture. Cookish, Michael // Communications Technology;Nov2008, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p32
The article focuses on Internet protocol (IP) video and Internet protocol television (IPTV) as a way in supplementing cable operators' digital video delivery. It states that IPTV plays an important role in delivering video on demand (VOD) in a world of Internet-based sources destined for more...
- AMBITIONS DENT STOX. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/2/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the statement of cable company Comcast Corp. on its spending plans for 2007 in the U.S. Comcast emphasizes that it had reserved $5.7 billion for capital expenditure, which increases the rollout of services such as high-definition video. The company also expects revenue to...
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- Networks Tread Into Broadband Content. Pendleton, Jennifer // Multichannel News;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p44
Focuses on cable television networks' offering of broadband programming in the United States as of October 23, 2000. Discovery Channel's broadband program 'Inside the Space Station' Independent Film Channel's plan to produce a television program that will also run on the company's Web site.