Verizon CEO Says Cable TV's at Risk
- TV Viewers Love Beards -- and Giving Cable a Shave. HURD, JONATHAN // Multichannel News;1/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p27
The article argues against the movement among consumers in support to cord-shaving of cable television wherein consumers have trimmed their cable spending in favor of Internet video.
- Hurry up and wait. Hardy, Stephen M. // Lightwave;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p6
Several web-based media topics are presented including the constellation analysis discussion on the lightwave channel, a blog on semiconductors and on new optical platform for European cable-TV market blog posts.
- X1 Licensing: One Size Might Not Fit All. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/21/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p17
The article focuses on the efforts of telecom company Comcast for licensing the X1, a cloud computing-based, internet protocol-capable video platform, from the company, as of September 2015, and mentions the challenges facing the independent cable operators due to paid television services.
- WATCH TV FOR $900 LESS PER YEAR. // Redbook;Oct2012, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p142
The article provides several tips on how to save money when it comes to watching cable or satellite television as well as accessing shows online.
- Survey Sez 10/22/12. // CT Reports;10/22/2012, p1
The article offers information on a survey conducted by ABI Research Inc. which reports that 20 percent of online viewers consider online video to be a replacement for domestic pay television. It analyzes that continual increase in online consumers poses threat to television operator business of...
- Fanning the Flame. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;3/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the move of Comcast-owned online video portal Fancast to tap Comcast's connections to make a bigger name for itself online. Fancast, an online video destination for television shows, attracts nearly 3 million unique visitors each month, less than half of the audience of...
- Lightwave Online. // Lightwave;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
Several web-based media topics on lightwaveonline is presented including the constellation analysis on Lightwave channel, a blog on 100 gigs semiconductors and the new optical platform development for European cable-television market blog posts.
- NBC U wades into viral ad stream. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;8/8/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that NBC Universal will launch its all-advertising web site called Didja.com in 2008 to compete against other viral video sites. The site will feature an archive of current and classic television spots, movie trailers and other brand-related content using the resources of...
- Sezmi unveils next-gen TV 2.0 platform. // CED;Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the next-generation TV 2.0 service, which was unveiled by Sezmi Corp. to deliver all television content like broadcast and cable network programming, movies and Internet video in the U.S. It states that trials will be started in pilot markets in preparation for commercial...