NBCU Cable Hits Netflix
- Peacock reups at Netflix. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Daily Variety;7/14/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 4, p15
The article reports that NBC Universal Inc. has renewed their agreement with Netflix Inc. for the right to use NBC broadcasts and cable series in the internet television (TV) streaming service of Netflix in 2011.
- NETFLIX FINDS 'HEROES.'. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/2/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p36
The article reports on the announcement made by Netflix Inc. that its streaming service will air the prime-time science fiction television series "Heroes" the day after the network television broadcast. The Netflix deal with NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution follows recent...
- NBC UNIVERSAL DIGITAL STUDIOS TO PRODUCE WEBISODES FOR NETFLIX. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/17/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p32
The article reports that the "I Love This Movie!" series of online rental giant Netflix will be produced by NBC Universal Digital Studios. The series of online webisodes focus classic movies. According to Netflix vice president (VP) of content acquisition Robert Kyncl, the series will be...
- NUTS CRAZY FOR HYPNOTIC. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;8/3/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the contract between Hypnotic Inc. and NBC Universal TV Studio in Los Angeles, California. Previous collaboration of the companies; Reason of the studio in forging a contract with Hypnotic Inc.
- Weather in NBC's Forecast. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p6
Presents information on the launch by NBC Universal of a weather network on November 15, 2004. Retransmission-consent agreement with Time Warner Cable Inc.; Competition with digital weather channels; Focus of the Weather Channel on national programming.
- NBC Universal, Nielsen Ink Expansive Ratings Contract. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;11/22/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on the ratings contract signed by NBC Universal (NBCU) with Nielsen Media Research in November 2004. Terms of the contract between NBCU and Nielsen; Comments from Alan Wurtzel, president of research and media development for NBCU.
- NBC, JCDecaux Team Up. Bachman, Kathy // MediaWeek;9/202004, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p11
Reports on the formation of a company by NBC Universal and JCDecaux to bid on the New York City street furniture contract, as of September 2004. Percentage of the stake of JCDecaux in the new company; Terms of the street furniture contract; Other outdoor companies bidding for the contract.
- ANALYSTS' CHOICE Comcast/NBC picture still fuzzy. // Dow Theory Forecasts;1/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on Comcast Corp., a cable company in the U.S. It notes that the company entered into an agreement with NBC Universal Inc., a media and entertainment company in the U.S. It states that the deal requires Comcast to pay 6.5 million dollars in cash and 7.25 billion...
- 'A Passion for the Olympics' // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 51, p19
Reports on a contract extension signed by Dick Ebersol that will make him chairman of sports television network NBC Sports & Olympics till 2012. Number of Olympic games that will be aired by the television network during Ebersol's tenure; Statement issued by Ebersol about the deal; Career...