Cutting Into Big Apple
- ITV calls for ad-skip speed limit on Freeview PVR. Lee, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);8/9/2006, p1
The article informs that television network ITV has called for restrictions on the playback offered by the forthcoming Freeview Playback-branded personal video recorders. Great Britain-based ITV wants to restrict the speed at which users can fast-forward through recorded advertisement breaks in...
- No Clear Sailing. RAJAN, NANDAGOPAL // Business Today;7/21/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p104
The article discusses some of the hindrances to the widespread use of ultra-high definition or 4K television sets in India. The author recognizes the clarity being offered by 4K television sets but warns about their high prices. He also believes that the sizes of 4K television sets are too large...
- MIB to not press for DAS Phase III execution till High Courts rule on pending cases. // Indiantelevision.com;1/19/2016, p11
The article reports on the decision of India's Information and Broadcasting Ministry to not set top box (STB) in 2016. Topics covered include the dismissal of a petition filed by cable operator Parbobh Rattan regarding the shortage of (STB) in the country as well as the position of India's...
- TELCO'S TAKE ON CABLE. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the launch of FiOS TV, the brand name for a video-content service being developed by telecommunication company Verizon in the U.S. in the last quarter of 2005. Services that will be offered by FiOS TV; Advantages of delivering video over Internet protocol to telecommunication...
- Don't Sit Too Close:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p3
Reports on the contest sponsored by Verizon in which contestants will compete to watch the most consecutive hours of the firm's FiOS TV. Television networks that will provide the programming; Prizes to be given to the winners.
- Verizon sports hi-def YES deal. Fleming, Daniel // Daily Variety;4/14/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the agreement between regional sports network YES and Verizon regarding the national distribution in high-definition (HD) of sports coverage in the U.S. It notes that the agreement means that subscribers to Fios' Extreme HD package will have access to all sports coverage...
- TVA runs smoothly with help from Kaydara's mediastore. Beaudoin, Guy // Broadcast Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p102
Deals with the media-server system purchased by television network TVA. Features of the system; Tools included in the system; Applications of the media-server systems at TVA.
- Big brother is watching--TV. Aiken, L. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1992, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p5
Reveals the Pentagon has established its own television news network, Defense Intelligence Network, DIN, which broadcasts a top secret roundup of world events for an audience of about 1,000 defense intelligence and operations officers in the Pentagon and at 19 other US-based military commands. ...
- In the land of grits, a TV trend is born. Parker, Suzi // Christian Science Monitor;9/14/99, Vol. 91 Issue 202, p2
Offers information on the scheduled launch of Turner South, a regional television network.