HBO, Showtime Re-Up Hits; Starz Mulls 'Spartacus' Fate
- Whole Hog at half Shell. Zeitchik, Steven // Hollywood Reporter;1/7/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the development of the television drama set "Stud" by Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) under the production of Half Shell Entertainment. Mark Burrell, James DeJulio, and Rob Salvatore will be the executive producers of the television program. In addition, it was based the...
- HBO airs TV documentary movie on life of former champion Sonny Liston. // Jet;6/12/95, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p51
Reports on Home Box Office (HBO) Inc.'s airing of the documentary film `Sonny Liston: The Mysterious Life and Death of a Champion.' Liston's mysterious death; Footage of the rematch between Liston and Muhammad Ali on May 25, 1965; Liston's career history.
- HBO solicits Granada's `Band'. Mallalieu, Ben // Hollywood Reporter;5/23/95, Vol. 337 Issue 19, p3
Reports that HBO has bought the hit Granada drama series `Band of Gold.' Popularity of the series.
- Dare to `dream'. Sherwood, Rick // Hollywood Reporter;8/30/95, Vol. 338 Issue 38, pS-3
Reports on the 100th episode of Home Box Office Inc.'s `Dream On' television program. Concept of the show; Success of the television program; Ratings of the show; Hybrid of feature writing and sitcom writing. INSETS: Brian Benben as Martin Tupper, by R.S.;Denny Dillon as Toby, by R.S.;Dorien...
- Normal (TV program). Kelleher, Terry // People;3/24/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p30
Reviews the television program "Normal," airing on HBO.
- Seductive Temptress. Niedt, Bob // Syracuse New Times;6/12/2013, Issue 2182, p14
In this article, the author reflects on the shows to be telecasted on the television network HBO in the U.S. including "The Newsroom," "Clear History," and "Americans in Bed" and also focuses on the currently telecasted reality shows.
- 'Sopranos' hits high note in season preem. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;03/07/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the successful premiere of HBO original program 'The Sopranos.' Record rating for HBO; Comparison of viewership to 'Forrest Gump.'
- On the right track: HBO pushes 'Luck'. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;7/15/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 26, p5
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will be airing the television program "Luck," whose production will begin in the fall of 2010 and will be directed by Michael Mann.
- 'Newsroom' makes headlines for HBO. // Daily Variety;6/26/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 60, p1
The article reports that the television drama "The Newsroom," starring Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, and Sam Waterston, has opened to 2.1 million viewers in its premiere telecast on June 24, 2012 at HBO channel.