A Fighter With a Touch of Gold
- Oscar De La Hoya's New Fight. // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, pA2
An interview with Oscar De La Hoya, boxing heavyweight champion of the world, is presented. De La Hoya notes that boxing business is going great with the consideration of the economy. He stresses that he is not worried on the state of boxing business since it has its ups and downs. He points out...
- A FIGHT TO REMEMBER. Ross, Dalton // Entertainment Weekly;9/17/2004, Issue 784, p40
Recounts a boxing match experience with boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya.
- De La Hoya-Vargas Takes Different Promo Tack. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p36
Focuses on the plans of the Home Box Office PPV to market the fight of Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas in the U.S. Promotion of the super-middleweight championship event; Sponsors of the event; Feature of the www.sportsline.com.
- De La Hoya: 'Do or Die fight for Marquez'. // La Prensa San Diego;7/2/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p8
The article reports on the statement from Golden Boy Promotions president Oscar De La Hoya regarding the fight between Mexican American boxers Juan Manuel Marquez and Juan Diaz on July 31, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Oscar De Le Hoya world championship quadruple-header in Brooklyn. EVANS, HOWIE // New York Amsterdam News;10/18/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 42, p50
The article announces that championship boxing to be held on October 20, 2012 in Brooklyn, New York will feature Oscar De La Hoya, Paulie Malignaggi and Eddie Gomez.
- Ringing in the New, Again. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;04/02/2001, Vol. 94 Issue 14, following p30
Focuses on professional boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Biographical information; Details on how he has changed his image, including how he cut his hair and released a music album; Thoughts from his trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr.; Reaction to his bout with Arturo Gatti.
- L.A. Glory. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;06/26/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 26, p54
Discusses a boxing match between Shane Mosely and Oscar De La Hoya in Los Angeles, California in which Mosely won a split decision. How Mosely's career is improving, while De La Hoya's is declining; Mosely's former role as sparring partner for De La Hoya; Details of the match and the prospect...
- The Weighting Game. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;7/2/2001-7/9/2001, Vol. 95 Issue 1, following p30
Focuses on boxer Oscar De La Hoya. Biographical information; Details of his match against Javier Castillejo, which he won to capture the World Boxing Council (WBC) super welterweight title; Efforts of De La Hoya to receive vindication for his career, after winning his fifth championship belt.
- The Right Stuff. Hoffer, Richard // Sports Illustrated;02/22/99, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p54
Mentions the victory of boxer Oscar De La Hoya over Ike Quartey in the defense of his World Boxing Council welterweight title in February of 1999. Details of the fight; Psychological aspects of the victory for De La Hoya; Comments from De La Hoya.