Dish's Eisen: There's No Business Model
- New Spec Published for TV Everywhere. Simpson, Wes // TV Technology;12/22/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p18
The article focuses on the specifications issued by Cable Television Laboratories Inc. (CableLabs) to simplify and standardize video services for subscribers who want to watch video on devices aside from television. It says that Online Content Access (OLCA) determine the protocol between...
- Report Card: Making the HDTV Plunge. Hranac, Ron // Communications Technology;Mar2009, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the development of high-definition television (HDTV). It notes that the construction of high-definition had been launched as a way to give windscreen television viewing matching projected 35 millimeter motion pictures along with compact disc (CD)-quality radio. During that...
- Predictive Television. Hachman, Mark // Popular Science;Jan2013, Vol. 282 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses advances in television (TV) technology that will eliminate the need for channel surfing. Topics include aids that help sort through individual catalogs, such as an algorithm used by the online video rental company Netflix that translates viewersâ€™ ratings into...
- The Urge to Binge. // Variety;4/29/2014, Vol. 323 Issue 13, p27
The article discusses consumer habits pertaining to the binge viewing of television programs, reporting that some survey respondents have indicated that they would be willing to pay more for a subscription service that allowed them to access multiple episodes at once as of 2014. Demographic...
- UPN station offering viewers free e-mail. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p24
Focuses on the plans of the WDCA-TV television station to distribute free CD-ROMs that will equip users with free electronic mail capability. Reasons given by the company for providing the service; Web site directory of the service.
- Kudos to PTC for Pointing Out Rise in '$#*!' on TV. Eggerton, John; Gibbons, Kent; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p8
The article reports that Parents Television Council (PTC) has been congratulated for a catchy program title of its latest broadside at television content with a focus on naughty bits and phrases that were unavoidable given the topic, but made for titillating reading nonetheless.
- Television Isn't that Bad. Zemke, Dawn // Today's Christian Woman;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the importance of watching television with the family.
- Kids use web as much as TV, reports Ofcom. Eleftheriou-Smith, Loulla-Mae // PRWeek (London);11/2/2012, p19
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the British Office of Communications (Ofcom) which examined the Internet and television habits of British children aged 12 to 15 years.
- Broadcast-Only TV Homes on the Rise. MCPHERSON, DOUG // Response;Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the findings of researcher GfK on the increasing number of broadcast-only television (TV) homes in the U.S. in 2013.