New Negative Metric: Costs Per Subscriber
- Audio moves in-picture. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p62
Deals with the integrated monitoring solutions for multichannel digital television broadcasting. Functions of multichannel monitoring; Suppliers of multi-image technology for broadcast control rooms; Information on the technology of in-picture audio bar graphs and meters.
- Slow Start to Authenticated World. // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the evolution of the concept "Television Everywhere" giving multichannel video customers authentication to access programming on devices other than the set-top box of an operator.
- San Bernardino combines two local broadcasting operations. Muhleman, Jeff // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p47
In response to the need for a locally originated newscast aimed at regional viewers, California State University of San Bernardino last year directed $1.2 million in federal funding toward the purchase of digital equipment. This funding led to the development of the City of San Bernardino...
- Sub Slowdown Continues. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/20/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p18
The article focuses on decrease in the number of video-subscribers in the U.S. According to Vijay Jayant and David Joyce, media analysts at ISI Group, money management performance research provider, publicly traded multichannel-video programming providers gained 237,000 customers in the first...
- MULTICHANNEL PLANNER, JAN. 25-30. // Multichannel News;1/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p3
The article presents a calendar of events in the multichannel-television (TV) industry for the week of January 25 to 30, 2016 which include the release of the drama series "Recovery Road" on January 25 and the keynote speech of Attorney General Loretta Lynch at the 12th Annual State of the Net...
- Bigger, Better, More Complicated. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;10/11/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 41, p29
Discusses the importance of automation in the complexities of multicast channel operations of television stations. Explanation of station automation; Discussion on the type of content carried on secondary channels that can make automation more complicated; Information on the automation system...
- FINDING YOUR CUSTOMERS: The multichannel newsroom. Schleifer, David // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p48
The article discusses the technology requirements of publishing in a multichannel newsroom. This requires systems to permit all of the feeds and raw material to come in from the field in high resolution for efficient on-air broadcast management. Systems will also have to permit simultaneous...
- Evolution for SeaChange. Aird, Brian // TVB Europe;Sep2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p83
Offers a look at the business operations in Europe of SeaChange International, a multichannel television broadcaster. Indications of the growth of the multichannel television broadcasting market; Information on the full caching transmission model; Technology used by the company.
- CLEARING THE AIR. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p40
Corrections to articles in the November 6, 2006 issue are presented including "Originals Too Pricey for Latino Networks," "Penguins' March in Like Lions" and "Through the Wire."