Negative Sub Traction
- Houston system hits gushers of subscribers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;12/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p4
Reports on an increase in subscribers to the Time Warner Cable's Houston, Texas division by a total of 22,000 in 1997. Comments form Ron McMillan, Houston Division president; Factors which contributed to the growth of subscribers; Amount of money spent in advertising by the company.
- 21,000 lunatics. Feiden, Doug; Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;1/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on a memo to Howard Stern from the officials at Time Warner Cable of New York. Number of cable homes that purchased Stern's two-hour New Year's Eve show on pay-per-view; Percentage of the city cable subscribers; Cost; Free replay offered a few hours later to Queens subscribers who did...
- TIME WARNER CABLE LOSES 833,000 VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/3/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p6
The article indicates that Time Warner Cable, the second major cabler in the U.S., has ended the fourth quarter of 2013 with about 11.2 million video subscribers which is lower by 217,000 subscribers from the previous third quarter and down 833,000 subscribers from the previous-year period.
- TWC Sees Post-Attack Sub Gain In N.Y. // Multichannel News;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p2
Reports the increase on the subscription statistics of the Time Warner Cable after the terrorist attacks in New York.
- CABLE COMPANIES LOSE SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/12/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on the subscriber losses incurred by cable companies Time Warner Cable (TWC), Cablevision and Charter in the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
- Time Warner to Refund Data Fees. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p2
Reports that television broadcasting company Time Warner Cable Inc. will use the next billing cycle to refund 1.8 million dollars in franchise fees to about 81,000 subscribers who were cable-modem customers during April 2001-May 2002. Bill credit which would be received by each customer; Reason...
- Cable's SVOD Dilemma. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/16/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the skepticism expressed by media companies and multi channel video program distributors about over-the-top video services and the business model. According to Time Warner Cable (TWC) pending chief executive officer (CEO) Rob Marcus during a conference, his company has no...
- Cable's Silver Lining Among the 'Drip, Drip, Drip' of Pay TV Declines. szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;12/25/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 43, p24
The article examine the growth in the pay television customers in 2015 in the U.S. It mentions the views of chief executive officers of two pay television services provider Time Warner Cable's Rob Marcus and Charter Communication's Tom Rutledge on the issue. It also reports the subscriber losses...
- Winding Down the Partnerships. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p27
The article reports on the decision of Comcast to exchange a 21 percent interest in Time Warner Cable for systems with about 750,000 subscribers, part of the joint purchase of Adelphia Communications with Time Warner Inc. in the U.S. Comcast bought out the 70 percent of Susquehanna...