TWC, ESPN PR Teams Meet at the 21 Club To Toast Their Deal
- Not-So-Big Ten Network Launch. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the negotiations between the Big Ten Network and cable operators, including Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Mediacom Communications, and Charter Communications, about the network's distribution of live football telecasts in seven Midwestern states and Pennsylvania. The Big Ten...
- Battle Lines. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/15/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 11, p22
The author reflects on the battle in the cable and broadcasting business in relation to retransmission issues in Washington. He is critical on the move of the cable industry to call for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to get involved in marketplace negotiations. The author stresses...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;7/9/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p26
The article presents news briefs in the cable and Internet industry in the U.S. Steve Burns was named as executive vice president of National Geographic Channel. Clearwire, an Internet provider, secured a $1 billion loan to be used in refinancing its debt and expansions. Hewlett-Packard is in...
- 'Extra Innings' Still In Play. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the negotiations made by Major League Baseball (MLB) with DirectTV and cable operators to secure out-of-market packages of live games. Multiple-system operators (MSO) said that, the cable industry made a last-minute pitch to significantly increase the industry's subscriber...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...