H-B-O Loves J-E-T-S In Meadowlands Move As Showtime Designs 'House' in Midtown
- Start-up Isobel beats four to Wembley Stadium. // Marketing Week;9/25/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p10
Reports on the acquisition of the advertising account for Wembley National Stadium by Isobel in London, England. Selection of individual buyers for the premium seats in the stadium; Launch of print, radio and direct mail advertisement; Business competitors of the firm.
- Miller Tries an Outside Pitch for Local NFL Fans. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;7/14/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p16
Focuses on the billboard advertisements of Miler Brewing outside local football stadiums in the U.S. Features of the beer advertisements; Strategy of Miller in reaching sports fans.
- Robson and Venables front NotW Score spot. Barns, Emma // Campaign;8/13/2004, Issue 33, p8
Bobby Robson and Terry Venables star in the latest News of the World TV ad, by TBWA\London. The 30-second spot, breaking on August 14, 2004, aims to promote the tabloid's football pullout, Score, and coincides with the start of the new Premiership season. The ad opens on Robson, centre stage in...
- Diadora pulls campaign after Bradford fire outcry. Parry, Caroline // Marketing Week;7/1/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p6
Reports that Diadora UK Ltd. has withdrawn the latest European advertisement campaign featuring the 1985 fire at Bradford City football stadium in England. Reason for the withdrawal of the campaign; Theme of the advertisement; Justification of the company on the archive images of violent moments.
- Football League in talks over TV channel to broadcast at grounds. // Marketing Week;9/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p14
Reports that the British Football League is negotiating with television companies to launch an advertising-funded channel to be broadcast at league teams' stadiums in 2005. Aim of maximizing revenues; Plan for fans to enter football grounds earlier in the day to watch television screens and...
- The Jets, Bloomberg, Cablevision, Olympics and LI. Kiernan, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/18/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p11A
Comments on the battle that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the New York Jets football team are waging against Madison Square Garden (MSG)/Cablevision over the proposed stadium in Manhattan, New York City. Use of the unlimited access of Bloomberg to the press to fight for the stadium;...
- Arsenal FC uncovers stadium branding. Whitehead, Jennifer // Marketing (00253650);6/7/2006, p9
This article reports that Arsenal Football Club has unveiled the branding for its new football ground, Emirates Stadium in England, created by marketing agency Red Central. The football club has decided to create a standalone brand for its new home after researching the promotion of other stadia...
- JETS DUELIN' WITH DOLAN. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/22/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 60, p19
This article reports that Chuck Dolan's Cablevision SA and the football team New York Jets put in competing bids for a tract of land on the West Side of Manhattan, New York City, New York, meeting the deadline for submission. The Jets' bid envisions a new football stadium, which would also...
- How to score (employees). Sampey, Kathleen // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/25/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p3
Describes television advertisements for the KnowledgeForce Network's headhunter Web site. Tagline of the KForce.com ad; Estimated cost of the campaign; Broadcast of the ads during American Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s broadcast of Super Bowl XXXIV in January 2000.