Off the Hook
- Expensive entertainment. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/2/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 54, p16A
The article focuses on the increase of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s cable rates. It is stated that the company was increasing its cable rates by 4.7%, which caused a collective groan from consumers. However, the company retorted that they are forced to increase its services because the...
- Yankee fans copping coin. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/24/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 39, p1
Reports the availability of rebates to subscribers of Cablevision with no broadcasting access to the baseball games of the New York Yankees in the U.S. Impact of the feud between Cablevision and YES Network; Amount of the total rebate; Lawsuit filed by fans against Cablevision and the baseball...
- Cablevision: not in this Lifetime. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p8
Reports the refusal of Cablevision Systems to the demand of Lifetime Television to increase the monthly subscriber fees in New York. Reason of Cablevision for disapproving the proposal; Estimates on the number of homes subscribing for Cablevision; Terms in the carriage agreement between...
- The cablers. Katz, Richard; Stern, Christopher // Variety;04/19/99, Vol. 374 Issue 9, p27
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes USA Networks' plan to purchase cable networks Bravo and Independent Film Channel from Cablevision Systems; Decker Anstrom's resignation as president of National Cable Television Association.
- ARGENTINA GETS PAY TV PAIR. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 24, p10
Reports that the HBO Latin America Group has signed a multiyear agreement with multisystem operators, Multicanal and Cablevision, which will carry the HBO and Cinemax channels in Argentine cable.
- Classic Sports alleges a Cablevision squeeze play. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
Reports on Classic Sports Network's (CSN) plans to file a complaint against Cablevision Systems for its alleged effort to coerce CSN into selling a piece of the network in exchange for cable television carriage. Claims that Cablevision is violating the 1992 Cable Act; Cablevision's denial of...
- CLEARING THE AIR. // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p54
The article presents several corrections including the special report "Operator of the Year," and "Download Incomplete," that were published in the September 24, 2007 issue.
- Cabletelevision rolling out OptimumTV. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 27, p21
Reports on the launching of Cablevision Systems Corp.'s OptimumTV cable television network. System's consumer options of a la carte choicing of programs; Launching date; Features; Separate systems offered by Cablevision; Packages bundling channels and providing more choices for slightly higher...
- EWTN friends want channel. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p50
Reports on the demand made by a group of fans of the EWTN to Cable Vision Systems Corp. to expand the programming hours of religious programs. Brief on the demand; Response of the Cablevision Vice President of Media and Community Relations Charlie Schueller on the demand.