CORD-CUTTERS IN THE CITY?
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- READY, SET, STOP. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p14
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will soon be from Time Warner Inc. and become a fully independent cable operator in the U.S. Its new status will provide the chance for Time Warner Cable to chart its own course in a world where hundreds of channels are delivered over telephone...
- CABLE PICKS UP. // Multichannel News;4/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p24
The article focuses on the report given by Craig Moffett, analyst of Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., which highlights that Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC), Comcast Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. should exceed in the general market in the U.S. Moffett expects that the better performance of those...
- Cable Stocks: Up, Up and Away. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/23/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p22
The article discusses performance of stocks of the cable television firms in the U.S. as of December 2013. Topics discussed include increment of cable stocks, rise in shares invested by public traded operators such as Time Warner Cable Inc., Comcast Corp., and Cablevision Systems Corp., and...
- Cablevision, TWC Exceed Q2 Expectations. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/3/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p23
The article focuses on the business performances of Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp. for the second quarter of 2009. It notes that both companies have exceeded their expectations for the second quarter as Cablevision has generated a 5% rise in cable revenue to $1.4 billion,...
- Sony Electronics Signs Digital Delivery TV Deal With Cablers. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/1/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the digital delivery deal entered into by Sony Electronics with cable television providers in the U.S. According to the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), Sony contracted six cable companies including Time Warner, Cablevision and Bright House Networks....
- TWC LOSES VIDEO SUBS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;1/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the 129,000 video subscribers lost by Time Warner Cable in the fourth quarter of 2011, adding to a total loss of 453,000 video subscribers for the cable operator in 2011.
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;2/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
Statistics are presented on Multichannel News Index (MNI) including charts and a graph which measure the combined prices of stocks in the cable television industry, weighted by market capitalization including Cablevision Systems Inc., AMC Networks and Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;5/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 97, p3
This article offers news briefs on the financial performance of cable companies as of May 2006. May 17 losses include Charter closing down at 4.2%, with Cablevision shares falling at 3.7% and Time Warner was down by 0.5%. The only multiple system operator to post an increase is Mediacom, up at 0.5%.