Hepatitis B Virus MHBs Antigen Is Selectively Sensitive to Glucosidase-Mediated Processing in the Endoplasmic Reticulum
- Modulation of gene expression by calreticulin binding to the glucocorticoid receptor. Burns, Kimberly; Duggan, Brenda // Nature;2/3/1994, Vol. 367 Issue 6462, p476
Describes the interaction of the amino terminus of calreticulin with the DNA-binding domain of the glucocorticoid receptor. Occurrence of calreticulin; Binding to the synthetic peptide KLGFFKR; Prevention of glucocorticoid receptor from binding to its response element; Effect of overexpression...
- Erratum: Reducing endoplasmic reticulum stress through a macrophage lipid chaperone alleviates atherosclerosis. Erbay, Ebru; Babaev, Vladimir R; Mayers, Jared R; Makowski, Liza; Charles, Khanichi N; Snitow, Melinda E; Fazio, Sergio; Wiest, Michelle M; Watkins, Steven M; Linton, MacRae F; Hotamisligil, Gökhan S // Nature Medicine;Feb2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p237
A correction to the article "Reducing Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Through a Macrophage Lipid Chaperone Alleviates Atherosclerosis," by Ebru Erbay and colleagues that was published online on November 29, 2009 is presented.
- HAAg. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p998
A definition of the acronym "HAAg," which is hepatitis A antigen, is presented.
- Contamination by hepatitis B surface antigen in dental surgeries. Piazza, Marcello; Guadagnino, Vincenzo; Picciotto, Ludovicio; Borgia, Guglielmo; Nappa, Salvatore // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/22/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6596, p473
Investigates the degree of contamination by hepatitis B surface antigens in dental surgeries in Naples, Italy. Impact of the high prevalence of carriage of antigen in the area; Influence of the type of procedure performed by the dentist; Recommendation of implementing a vaccination program.
- Rapid and simple hepatitis assays: encouraging results from a blood donor population in Zimbabwe. Mvere, D.; Constantine, N.T. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1996, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p19
Evaluates a rapid assay to detect antibodies to hepatitis C virus (HCV) in serum and two rapid and simple assays to detect hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in whole blood or serum. Operational characteristics of the tests used; Results for the five sera that produced divergent outcomes in the...
- Hepatitis B: absence of transmission of gastrointestinal endoscopy. McClelland, D.B.L.; Burrell, C.J.; Tonkin, R.W.; Heading, R.C. // British Medical Journal;1/7/1978, Vol. 1 Issue 6104, p23
Endoscopy of patients carrying hepatitis B antigen carries a risk of transmitting infection, since instruments are not normally cleaned between examinations in a way that reliably removes the virus. Although two reports[1 2] suggest that such transmission is rare, we know of no studies in which...
- Seroconversion from Hepatitis B e Antigen to Antibody in Chronic Type B Hepatitis. Hoofnagle, Jay H.; Dusheiko, Geoffrey M.; Seeff, Leonard B.; Jones, E. Anthony; Wagonner, Jeanne G.; Bales, Z. Buskell // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun81, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p744
Presents a study that examined the long-term course of hepatitis B surface antigen-antibody and its correlation with clinical features during chronic type B hepatitis. Background on several antigen-antibody systems associated with hepatitis B virus infection; Characteristics of the patients...
- Australia Antigen and Acute Viral Hepatitis. London, W. Thomas; Sutnick, Alton L.; Blumberg, Baruch S. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan69, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p55
Presents a study which explained the disease associations and physical characteristics of Australia antigen. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Accidental Hepatitis--B--Surface--Antigen--Positive Inoculations. Werner, Barbara G.; Grady, George T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep82, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p367
Presents a study which assessed the ability of radioimmunoassay for hepatitis B surface antigen to predict infectivity in exposed medical personnel. Subjects and methods of the study; Results; Discussion.