'Discipline' Saved Lives at Discovery HQ
- Discovery reality slate was target of gunman. Szalai, Georg; Hibberd, James; Powers, Lindsay // Hollywood Reporter;9/2/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on a hostage attack on corporate head office of Discovery Communications Inc. in Silver Spring, Maryland. It reports that hostage-taker James Jay Lee entered the office carrying guns and explosives. It is reported that Lee demanded Discovery to broadcast television (TV)...
- The Moment. Abdoolcarim, Zoher // Time International (Asia Edition);
The article offers a perspective on the mishandled hostage crisis in Manila, Philippines which ended in the killing of eight Hong Kong nationals and the hostage taker.
- Hi everyone! // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);12/29/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p5
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the December 2014 hostage crisis in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Erupting: A Third Murderer has taken hostages in Paris this morning; thought tied to murder of female police officer yesterday. ESTÉS, CLARISSA PINKOLA // Moderate Voice;1/9/2015, p4
The article focuses on taking five people hostage by armed gunman at a kosher supermarket in Paris, France.
- Iran Rescue Attempt Plus 30. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;4/25/2011, p11
A blog by Patrick Edaburn talking about rescue of hostages in Iran is presented.
- The hostage ward. Horn, Jack C. // Psychology Today;Jul85, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p9
The article presents information on a study conducted by psychologist James Turner which documented 47 hostage-taking incidents in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other health-care settings since 1980.
- Hello? Mali Calling...(Breaking Updates). DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;01/16/2013, p7
The article reports that Islamist guerrillas have taken an unspecified number of Americans hostage at a remote gas-production facility in Algeria. The attack is considered as the retribution by the Islamists for the French armed intervention in Mali. The U.S. and the French governments are...
- Africa to the World: "Don't Tell Us Who We Are or What To Do". Quartey, Kwei // Foreign Policy in Focus;1/22/2013, p1
The article focuses on the way the government of Algeria handled the hostage of 700 individuals including Malaysian, Norwegian and British citizens and the tweet made by One Direction member Niall Horan on the state of poverty in Accra, Ghana.
- Backdown in Bangkok. // Time;1/8/1973, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p39
The article focuses on the Black September backdown during the hostage taking in Bangkok, Thailand. It says that the four men armed with submachine guns demanded for the release of 36 Palestinian prisoners in exchange of the freedom of six Israelis including Cambodia Ambassador Shimon Avimor. It...