Shop Until Your iPhone Drops
- On Q: A grown-up look.... Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/19/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p16
Profiles the On Q home shopping service of QVC. Young adult audience as target; Hot sellers; On Q set features; Re-creation of designers' showrooms.
- QVC 'first' with ordering goods by remote control. Dwek, Robert // Marketing Week;9/13/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p15
Features QVC Inc.'s interactive television service, QVCActive, in Great Britain. Service offerings; Commercial applications of the service.
- Brand-building holds the key to iTV success. // Marketing Week;8/29/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p30
Forecasts the growth of interactive television-based retail in Western Europe. Increase in overall consumer spending; Technological limitations of interactive television.
- Future of iTV depends on retailer investment. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;3/7/2002, p10
Reports the unproductibility of interactive television iTV in Great Britain. Lack of product choice and retail experience contributed to the situation; Retailers not to renew contracts; Optimism seen on viewer awareness and improved marketing efforts. INSET: The route to future profits.
- Interactive TV acquires some business sense. Harrison, Chris // Marketing Week;2/4/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the emergence of interactive television (ITV) in the retail sector in Great Britain. Economic benefits of ITV to retailers; Cost of setting up a ITV business.
- Phones ring changes. Osborne, Magz // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p19
Talks about the popularity of using mobile phone short messaging service (SMS) in interactive television (TV) shows in Singapore as of July 2002. Concept of the MTV show 'M-Pop'; TV shows of CNBC Asia which encourage the use of SMS by their audience.
- Interactive TV to encourage impulse buying. Kakkar, Shobhit // Marketing Week;1/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p20
Discusses how interactive television (ITV) will affect the retailing industry. Benefits of ITV as an advertising medium; Impact on PC Internet users; Differences between shopping using an ITV and the PC Net.
- ShopNBC Winks at ITV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/25/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p8
Reports the deal between ShopNBC and Wink Communications Inc. the United States. Impact of the deal on the consumers; Availability of Wink technology in households; Terms of the agreement.
- BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. Curtis, Hilary // Campaign (UK);01/28/2000, Issue 4, p37
Discusses lessons that television company Canal Plus of France and home shopping channel QVC of Great Britain, can teach for the future of interactive television. Interactive services of Canal Plus; QVC's interactive, advertising-free TV shopping service on Sky Digital. INSET: QVC The Shopping...