- TWC, ESPN Build on 'Super Copa' Win. // Multichannel News;9/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p8
The article offers information on the soccer-themed campaign of Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and ESPN on October and November 2011, which aims to promote the acquisition of El Paquetazo's high-speed Internet services and digital television package of MSO Inc.
- NAB 2012 Coverage: Dennis Wharton interview. // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;4/19/2012, p2
The article presents an introduction to an interview with Dennis Wharton, executive vice president of the U.S. National Association of Broadcasters (NAB).
- SDSU-UNC Football to be Shown Live on Channel 4 San Diego. // La Prensa San Diego;9/12/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p5
No abstract available.
- Disney Subscribers Cut Cord. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/30/2015, pA01
7 The entertainment giant said sports network ESPN, a star performer in the past, lost another 3 mil subscribers in the fiscal year ended Oct. 3. In a filing late Wed.,
- Freeze Frame. // Multichannel News;3/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p12
Photographs of participants in various events in the U.S. are presented including the 22nd annual Chicago Sports Awards of Comcast SportsNet Chicago in Illinois, the Lunch With a Legend event of ESPN and Time Warner Cable Inc. in Dallas, Texas, and the Latin Music Awards in Miami, Florida.
- THE 100 The Top 10. // CableFAX Magazine;May2015, p8
The article offers information on the top 10 executives in the cable industry who were included in the Cable 100 annual list of the "CableFAX Magazine." Executives include chief executive officer (CEO) Stephen B. Burke of media company NBCUniversal, president John Skipper of ESPN, and chairman...
- Cracks Appear in Cable TV's Bundle. FARRELL, MIKE; BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p4
The article discusses the announcements from the cable network Home Box Office (HBO) and the broadcaster CBS to offer consumers the ability to access top television (TV) shows without the paying TV subscription. Topics discussed include the launch of over-the-top (OTT) offerings by HBO's...
- KING KONG VS. GODZILLA. Collins, Lauren // New Yorker;1/11/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 44, p24
The article discusses dueling ads in the "New York Post" newspaper from Fox News and Time Warner Cable companies, each trying to garner support for their side of a contract dispute in which Fox was demanding more money from Time Warner for carrying its shows. Fox' programming contract would...
- NAB Hammers Charter-TWC. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/19/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 36, p28
The article discusses the National Association of Broadcasters' (NAB) petition for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to either deregulate broadcasting or issue a moratorium on pay-television (TV) mergers starting with deal between cable/broadband players Charter, Time Warner...