- Living large in 1997. Brown, Sara // Broadcasting & Cable;02/02/98, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p32
Presents information on television station and cable trading in the United States for 1997. Expectation that there will be a decrease in volume and transactions in 1998 in station trading; How the Federal Communications Commission's attitude toward consolidation could impact on trading in 1997;...
- Telepiu, Stream mull merger, costs. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;04/06/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 28, p6
Reports on rumors about an impending merger between cable television networks Telepiu and Stream.
- Six months of cable consolidation. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 48, p6
Reports on consolidations in the cable television industry in the United States. Deals of Time Warner Entertainment; Purchase of Maclean Hunter of Canada by Comcast Corp.; Cox Cable's deal with Times Mirror Cable Television; Selling of Crown Media's operations; Adelphia Communications; control...
- Mergers may give viewers less choice. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/96, Vol. 88 Issue 158, p1
Reports on the implications of the trend to merge among cable companies. Difficulty of independent programmers to gain access to cable systems; US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) regulation on public-access channels; Background on the market for cable TV; Background on major mergers...
- Doing the cable shuffle. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;1/16/95, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the upsurge of consolidation and mergers in the cable television (TV) industry in the United States. Barriers between video services and telecommunications; Federal policy regarding mergers of cable TV companies; Feedback from industry executives.
- Deal Market Cooked This Year. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p22
The article reports on the implications of the strong debt markets on business deals of cable television companies in the U.S.
- Telco-cable giants converge. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;5/24/93, Vol. 123 Issue 21, p6
Reports the acquisition of 25 percent of Time Warner by US West, a regional Bell operating company. Rivalry between telephone and cable television companies; Cost of Time Warner's system rebuild; Similar agreement between Southwestern Bell and Hauser Communications.
- Cable business: A tale of two operators. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/95, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p24
Reports that cable television consolidation has continued to widen the gap between the big and small cable operators in the United States. Limited channel availability; Financial consequences of the amended 1992 Cable Act; Failure of new capital projects.
- The luster of clustering. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/27/94, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p16
Reports on consolidations and mergers among cable television networks. Comcast Cable Communications' agreement to acquire Canada-based Maclean Hunter Cable TV's subscribers in the United States; Crown Media's sale of its systems to Charter Communications and Marcus Cable; Century Communications...