Comcast i-Guide Goes Wide
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;3/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p18
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. Rovi Corp. exits the joint venture with Comcast Corp. as it has now become the soler owner of interactive program guide company GuideWorks. Comcast Corp. has upgraded its iPhone so that the subscribers can program...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;4/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p72
Several charts are presented showing revenues of different companies including telecommunication companies Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and AT&T Inc., comparison of the marketing index of several companies and the gainers of the shares including AT&T, Rovi Corp. and Trentrak Corp.
- AT&T License Renewal Sets Up Rovi For Comcast, Dish. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;12/24/2015, p00
The article reports on the license renewal of telecommunications company AT&T for interactive program guide technology of digital entertainment technology solutions company Rovi for its negotiations with mass media companies Comcast and Dish Network. Topics discussed include the increase in...
- people. // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p20
The article announces personnel changes in cable television industry such as appointments of Judy James at Comcast as director of government affairs and Kathy Weidman as senior vice president at Rovi, and promotion of Sara Helman to vice president development and production at Destination America.
- Voice of a new generation. Munson, Ben // CED;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p5
The article offers the author's insights on voice commands for television (TV) control and its progress through disruptive technology. Topics include the launch of the Apple TV in September 2015, the commitment of several technology companies on voice-powered remote like Comcast and Universal...
- FINANCE. // Multichannel News;4/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p31
Several charts and tables related to the multichannel service industry as of April 23, 2012 are presented which include one on Multichannel News Index (MNI) of different multiple system operators (MSOs) including Cablevision Systems Corp., Comcast Corp., and Liberty Global, one on equipment...
- ROVI EXPANDS LATIN AMERICAN PASSPORT GUIDE LAUNCH. // Telephone IP News;Nov2010, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the launch of Rovi Corporation's Rovi Passport Guide in Santa Cruz, Bolivia through a licensing agreement with Cooperativa de Telecomunicaciones de Santa Cruz (COTAS).
- Rovi to Sell Entertainment Store Business. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;1/7/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, preceding p3
The article reports on the plan by U.S. digital entertainment technology provider Rovi Corp. to sell the Rovi Entertainment Store.
- ROVI POSTS Q4 LOSS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Rovi Corp., a provider of digital entertainment technology solutions, has made public a fourth-quarter 2013 loss resulting from the reclassification of its DivX and MainConcept business as discontinued operations.